1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Very delayed Navigation system

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by viqui88, May 29, 2015.

1. viqui88

viqui88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just purchased a new 2014 Prius v (15 miles only) and one week to the day since my purchase my navigation screen went black. When I turn on the car, the Toyota symbol comes on, but it stays black after that, the "caution" message for the map doesn't appear. About 3-5 minutes later, the map will appear, but not fully loaded, some of the buttons on the map do not load but then eventually will in time. I try to change the screen by pressing on the radio button, but it will not display the stations and about two minutes later you hear a delayed beep from pressing the radio button. I try pressing other buttons (setup, destination, etc) but it won't change until minutes later and then it stays on that screen. I put the car in reverse and the camera won't even appear. I have turned the car on and off to see if that will help, but it doesn't. Has anybody experienced this problem? I will be taking the car in to the service department at the dealership on Monday, but I was hoping somebody here had a quick solution they have used with this problem. Thanks for taking the time to read this and any input you may have!

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I think it's broken. There is a personal setting reset in the menu but I doubt that would help. Sounds like a network or board issue.

3. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm afraid I haven't experienced this. You could try disconnecting the NEG 12V battery cable, and reconnecting, if you're up to it. Do you have the Advanced Technology Package? Then there would be initialization steps though....