1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Very dissapointing... unforseen Prius ownership cost!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by alexilic, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Danny Hamilton

Danny Hamilton Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Aug 22 2007, 11:36 AM) [snapback]500326[/snapback]</div>
    Um, a little late to the party aren't you? Methinks you might have some catching up to do. ;)

2. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Wow, are we really this bored waiting on the '08s that we have to make threads like this 4 pages?

TROLL!!!!

lol, I'll save the next poster some trouble and just say it myself.

3. dareniott

dareniott New Member

Oh..... My..... God!! 4 pages of arguing about whether or not a joke was funny! Seriously, that's nuts, and I had to read all those pages. :angry:

What's up with Chavez, why is everyone hatin' on him? I purposely go out of my way to fill up at Citgo everytime. Anyone who publicly calls G.W. "The Devil" is alright in my book. Rock on Hugo.

4. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Aug 21 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]499831[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, but that would not be the "easy cure" you think it would be. Undoubtedly, someone would then construe the subject to be 'the extra costs involved in maintaining a black Prius' in comparison to any other color.

THE EASY CURE WOULD HAVE BEEN FOR THE OP TO HAVE PROPERLY CATEGORIZED HIS 'JOKE' POST AND PLACE IT IN FHOP!

Placing a joke post in the Main Prius Forum only serves to cheapen the rational and integrity of the Main Prius Forum.
    If the OP would have placed the post in FHOP, we undoubtedly would not be having this discussion . . . I THE MAIN PRIUS FORUM! <_<

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN MODDED TO FHOP LONG AGO.
    From the very beginning, this thread did not qualify under the "General posts specific to the Prius that can't be categorized in the Forums below" requirement for posting to the Main Prius Forum.

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chitown guzzler @ Aug 21 2007, 03:59 PM) [snapback]499927[/snapback]</div>
    I apologize for being so obtuse.

--Natalie

6. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't you get it?
    If you post a joke like this one in a jokes thread or forum it wouldn't be funny!

Looking for the emoticon with the head in it's hands shaking from side to side.
    Why can't people lighten up?

7. alexilic

alexilic Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Aug 22 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]500443[/snapback]</div>
    No apologizes necessary... I would describe you as stupendous

Exactly!!! It was supposed to throw people off... plus, it really is an issue for me...ok, kinda. I do have to pay for car washes, even tho the savings I gained are much greater then the cost of car washes. It was weird having to decide if I want to "pay" for a wash now. Before, it was a no brainer..it costed me the same amount. Oh well, maybe I'll go back to the Hummer forum.... u know, the're a friendly bunch and all.... :lol:

8. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patsparks @ Aug 22 2007, 11:03 AM) [snapback]500445[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chitown guzzler @ Aug 22 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]500460[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, so now we are going to loosen the rules for posting in the Main Prius Forum if it enhances a joke?

If that is the case, look for my new Prius Main Forum post . . .

Did You Hear About The Ignorant Liberal Driving a Prius? :lol: hehehehe... :p:

I think it qualifies for the Main Prius Forum because . . . "it really is an issue for me...ok, kinda."
    I'm tired of people thinking I'm a liberal because I drive a Prius.
    So, of course, I will use a highly charged title, just to help it get noticed.

9. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Aug 22 2007, 11:01 AM) [snapback]500443[/snapback]</div>
    And here I always thought of you as kinda acute! :lol:

10. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    But that looks like a joke so it isn't funnier by being in a main thread.
    You really don't get it do you?

Should we all be required to wear black tie to come onto PriusChat? Some people seem to think it must always be treated with such reverence.
    Are the rules really that strict? Is there no room on this forum for a laugh?

11. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Aug 22 2007, 12:39 PM) [snapback]500411[/snapback]</div>
    Um, if you look VERY, VERY carefully, you can see that he talks specifically about his Prius.

btw, those articles on The Onion? They're not real. They're meant to be humor, too.

12. patsparks

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Aug 23 2007, 04:21 AM) [snapback]500488[/snapback]</div>
    Careful Rae, you musn't try to be funny or clever. This is the Prius main Forum you know.

13. alexilic

alexilic Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patsparks @ Aug 22 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]500507[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: wow, now you all are catching on!!! :lol:

14. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    And here comes page 5 :)

15. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Aug 22 2007, 12:08 PM) [snapback]500505[/snapback]</div>
    I did look very, very carefully, and previously posted about a mere mention of "Prius" as somehow being all it takes to qualify for posting in the Main Prius Forum.

As for the Onion . . . it is a comedy web site. If the Onion were a person posting on PriusChat, they should confine their posts to FHOP - lest someone take it for actual Prius information or news.

How do you think my "Did You Hear About The Ignorant Liberal Driving a Prius? :lol: hehehehe... :p " thread would be received on the Main Prius Forum, should I decide to post it?
    Don't you think it would disintegrate into an FHOP-ish quagmire
    How long do you think it would take till a MOD moves it into its rightful place?
    But doesn't it qualify???? I did mention "Prius." ;)

16. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  17. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Aug 22 2007, 02:18 PM) [snapback]500588[/snapback]</div>

ohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a cute kittie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. alexilic

alexilic Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desertbriez @ Aug 22 2007, 04:23 PM) [snapback]500589[/snapback]</div>

Attached Files:

19. EricGo

EricGo New Member

rofl !! (and I don't even like dogs much)

Anyway, one more vote for an entertaining opening post. Keep up the humor, alex.

20. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

ok...... cute doggie, too! (but the kittie is cuter! and i like both dogs and cats! well.... i'm mad at cats today because bailey.... my cat... made me late for work this morning.... but i'll forgive him by the time i get home from work!)