1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Very happy with my rental :)

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by sclevine, Jun 19, 2017.

1. sclevine

sclevine Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Headed down to Jacksonville, Florida for a couple of days, and was sad to leave my Prius in long term parking at JFK airport. Decided to rent an Economy car from Budget because I'm cheap like that, and I can't tell you how happy I was when they didn't have any Economy cars in the lot and asked if I'd be OK with a hybrid, and found myself in a Gen 4 Prius! Doesn't have all the bells and whistles as my Four, but it still feels very comfortable - almost as if I was in my own car!

2. Since2002

Since2002 Senior Lurker

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just don't tell your Four about the rental it might get jealous. Or have your "It didn't mean anything to me" speech ready.

I had something similar happen last month, I was in Detroit for a week and had reserved a regular car, they tried to give me an crossover SUV and I said don't you have any sedans, and they said only a Prius. I said, "well, uh, okay" :) and had a nice one-week test drive of the Gen 4.

3. tucatz

tucatz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Last airport rental we requested economy car and left in a Ford CMax. Very nice with full leather interior and a huge sunroof. Obviously a free upgrade to the top trim. It was a nice car, handled well, but the fuel economy was sad comprared to a Prius. About 35 mpg, if I remember correctly.

RCO likes this.