1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Video: 3 Part 2016 Toyota Prius Walkthrough with Toyota's Prius Product Educator

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Nov 18, 2015.

1. fsu23phd

fsu23phd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Does anyone have any pictures of what the interior/cockpit of the TWO looks like?
    Thanks!

2. civicdriver06

civicdriver06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If you closley watch this video the crossover takes place at speeds up to 70 mph !

3. ibdizzy1

ibdizzy1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    In that first segment the expert points out that all the Prius versions this year from the Two Eco on up have lithium ion battery. They don't. Only the Prius Two Eco has that battery.I looked at Toyotas Online 'Build' tool and found that a set of roof bars for luggage were an option on the 2016 Prius. My dealer says he cannot so far find them on his car ordering software. What is the deal with the roof bars for the Prius? Can you get them or not?

#43 ibdizzy1, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    According to this thread the expert is right:

Visual Tables of Gen4 Package Combinations | PriusChat

5. energyandair

energyandair Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    The specs on Toyota.com confirm that the Prius Two has Nickel-Metal Hydride and all others models have Lithium-Toyota Prius Interior, Exterior & Safety FeaturesIon.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The following screen capture is from Toyota's Prius Technical Specifications document.

7. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Of note: there's an air filter now, both battery types.

8. ibdizzy1

ibdizzy1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    OOOps! I was wrong. Thanks to all who corrected this.

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how about the roof bars?

10. mike091020

mike091020 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What is the front clearance like. On the one we own now (2006) we are continually scraping the underside of the front bumper while pulling into driveways that have a bit of a diip to them. That is one thing I never got ... why the front has to be so low.

I don't get what I'm supposed to do with that "slot". What the hell is it good for?

I hear 'ya. One thing that seems just plain wrong is removing features for the Touring models. Just when it looks like I'll have what I want in the Touring model, I find that they went and removed something for no apparent reason. Really, who is insane enough at Toyota to think that they will not lower sales of the Touring models by removing features. Sheeesh, talk about tone deaf marketing.

One thing I doubt I can get an answer to is how the "fit and finish" is on the 2016. I see that Consumer Reports dings the Prius there, and my experience with my 2006 confirms it. Also this ties into ease of maintenance. I recently had to replace a bulb in my license plate light. To do that you have to take off the ENTIRE inside wall of the hatch. Doing that pops off a dozen or so plastic clips that you have to fiddle with to get back in. Once I had that done, I found that the hatch handle was "squishy". I took it to my mechanic (I NEVER use a dealer if I can avoid it) and we took it apart again and found that some metal clips had rusted away and broken off. The cost for replacement was about $400 for the part alone (because damn Toyota only sells entire units rather than the small part that is broken). But this showed me that Toyota is using very cheap metal for small screws and clips and such. Problem is, they built such a damn good car that it lasts so long that the cheap metals are rusting away.

If anyone thinks they can get an honest answer from Toyota, a question about parts quality might be in order.

One other concern I have is with all of the high tech electronics. Consumer Reports says that the greatest problem area of new cars is with the high tech stuff. On my 2006 my dash lights go off. I found (on this forum) that it is a known problem and Toyota bought its way out of a recall (just as they did with the Halogen headlight fiasco) and got away with extending the warranty to 9 years. Of course, my failure occurred at 10 years so, I'm stuck again. Toyota has generously offered to replace the display module for a meer $4500. Coupled with the over priced simple things, like the $400 brake light assembly replacement required because the bulbs are not replaceable ... I'm going broke fast.

#50 mike091020, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
  11. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Amen.

It's everything. We ended up ditching an otherwise perfectly good kitchen range: the oven control unit went bad, and to fix it would have cost over $400 for the part, PLUS labour.

mike091020 likes this.