1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Video: An introduction to the Prius c

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Blue light wavelength/frequency has more energy than red or orange light. This means the blue is more likely to "blind" the driver and bounce off the driver's face; illuminating the driver to people outside the car. I prefer red or orange light because it doesn't bounce off other objects as much. It allows you to see it, without illuminating your face to others outside the car. Hopefully, Toyota offers both options so we can both be happy.

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    To each his own...but I've never had the backlighting on my dash blind me...whatever the wavelength frequency.

And to me? Anything glowing red means one of two things.

Glowing Red means Stop or Danger....

OR...

Satan is coming....

No...give me Blue, Green or White....

3. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. civicdriver06

civicdriver06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's likely NOT on the USA EPA mileage tests but rather on inflated Japanese tests (e.g. 10-15 test).

Gen 3 Prius gets "89.4 mpg" on the Japanese 10-15 cycle per http://green.autoblog.com/2009/04/03/japanese-ratings-call-prius-worlds-most-efficient-car-89-4-mpg/.

6. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This will eat heavily into Honda Insight and CR-Z sales :eek: ...

Lemme see, do I want a mild hybrid non-recommended 4 seater or this 2 - seater ... wait a minute, neither.

7. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, neither of the Hondas are mild hybrids.

If it comes in at $20k (same price as the Insight LX), it should help destroy what's left of the Insight's market. The Insight is actually an efficient car and drivers seem consistently to get mileage above EPA, but with consumers focused on the EPA, a car at the same price getting better mileage is going to crush the Insight. The only thing the Insight will have left is that it doesn't drive like a Toyota.

But the Prius c won't hurt the CR-Z sales so much for two reasons: firstly there's an MT model and secondly buyers already know it's compromising on mileage. (In the right hands the MT can return fantastic mileage).