1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

video from iPhone with Entune system

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Scott_R, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Is there any way to get video from an iPhone to display on the HD screen? I don't mean a hack for when the car is in motion, I mean something like with the DVD system, with the car stopped and the parking brake engaged. As is, I get a message that "No A/V video input is detected. Only the video's sound will be available."

I found some puzzling phrasing in the manual that seems to touch on this: "When the iPod connected to the system includes iPod video, the system can only output the sound by touching
    'Video' on the 'iPod' screen." That's not a series of typos on my part: that's how the manual actually phrases it.

This cringeworthy English could be interpreted two ways: that the Video mode will output only audio, or that you can't get the audio without touching the Video button. I presume they mean the former, but this doesn't make sense: why have a Video button to only output audio? If that's all you're doing, then "videos" should simply be another playlist, along with podcasts, etc. And why give me the message that the A/V system can't detect video? It's as if it's expecting it but can't find it.

Anyway, is there a way to get actual video from the OEM?