1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Video of a Prius 5 with Advance tech AND moonroof!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Chris2128, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Chris2128

Chris2128 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yes. Whoever said Toyota doesnt make any V with ATP alongwith moonroof LIED!
    This video clearly shows the car has Radar cruise button. I'm not sure about LKA. It has LED lights and washers. But I noticed 15in wheels.
    It's in Europe.
    Sighh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHzaPDNVxT4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I only skipped around the video so I didn't notice the radar cruise button. Notice they also have a HUD that we Americans don't get?

I suspect:
    - the 15" wheels is what let them equip it that way or
    - there are differences in European ratings vs. what the EPA allows/requires or
    - the combination of equipment levels didn't prevent them from meeting some magical European marketing mileage figure (e.g. 50 mpg for the US).

Prius Team (IIRC) posted about the weight/mileage implications of 17" wheels but I can't find it. Someone else probably can dig it up. There was this related post though... http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...en-iii-facts-way-out-there-10.html#post905261.

3. Chris2128

Chris2128 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    When I was searching online for a used ATP, lowest I found was 28000 dollar . Because I searched for lane keep or radar cruise.
    Then I started looking at all with leather and Nav. And stumbled upon lots of cars with "extra" buttons on the right thumb!! Lot of dealers dont have that much time to write so much detail. So whenever I saw these "extra" buttons, I called them and asked for more interior pics!!
    This is how I got a good deal on mine for a low low price!
    Funny thing was when I test drove it and tested the park assist , the salesman was amazed and said "hmmm fancy" and I laughed within my heart! Lol

What's a HUD button?

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I took a test drive of one w/ATP and tried the park assist. The salesman didn't really know how to operate it and I ended up having to ignore what he suggested/said and try different things myself. I didn't see the "demo" movie that a user put up here until way after.

As for HUD, there's a demo at http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...7405-video-hud-in-action-mkii-inc-satnav.html.

This is too late for you but http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20.../toyota-announces-prices-for-2010-89249.aspx? is a nice handy table (w/old prices) of the US configurations possible.

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That's not a true V with ATP as it lacks the 17" wheels.

The mythical V with ATP and Solar Roof would have everything, including 17" rims, LKA and HUD, and there's no such animal.

6. robby3

robby3 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    In Europe all cars equipped with the Solar roof do come with 15" wheels only. Dealer told me that this is due to the total target weight of the car. We do not have something like II, IV or V, we have "Luna", "Sol" and "Sol Premium". As an example LED headlights are on Sol P. only. But Moonroof is an option for all cars like leather or chrome appearance package. Also LKA is not available in Europe but all have the HUD. Mine is a Sol P. that comes with the NAV and IPA standard plus the option for ATP/radar cruise (only one active button on the steering wheel, the LKA is a blind one). The fuel consumption (tested with Euro norm) is advertised with 3.8l/100km (61.9mpg) for the Luna with 15" and 4.0l/100km (58.8mpg) for the Sol with 17". But all dealers tell you that 4.8l/100km (49mpg) is realistic for our country. Depending on temp and weather conditions I'm currently below that :)

7. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  8. Chris2128

Chris2128 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    So we conclude that Toyota in USA could have given us a V with 15" wheels, lighter suspension(the one in IV), No LKA(because it works with the upgraded suspension of a V). They could have done it and added HUD too. This above mentioned combination is already on roads in Europe as u have seen the video.
    HUD is not a law issue IMO because I saw a U.S commercial for the Lexus HS250h with HUD function.
    I know the weight would increase but they could have cut down weight in so many other areas such as the humongous heavy wipers, leather seats, lighter center console, lighter dash material etc etc. Solar ventilation prii are more widely used in warmer areas of the US and they don't like leather at all in such hot weather.

9. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't think LKA has anything to do with suspension. Could be that LKA doesn't work too well with the roads in Japan, Australia, etc. compared to here.

10. robby3

robby3 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    do not know, why it has not been offered in our countries (at least Switzerland and germany I know of). There are other cars around that have those assistant systems on board noiw. Even the cheaper cars from France offer these electronic gadgets. Maybe it's a market thing as probably most of the customers are not that much interested in an LKA.

11. zdenok

zdenok Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe LKA is not offered because in Europe we have rain sensor on the windscreen probably on the same place where LKA's camera is situated?

12. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What 32kcolors said - a V w/ AT Package would need 17" alloys. Any Prius in any country with the solar panel moonroof has the 15" wheels (even if 17s are standard).

The closest country would be Canada. We have the Tech Package that includes the solar roof. You are giving up LED headlights w/ washers, 17" alloys, fogs, plasmacluster and LKA but you do gain illuminated door sills, automatic headlights, cargo net, rear bumper protector and wheel locks.

See pic below. DRCC button on the wheel and you can just make out the Solar Roof button underneath the upper left spoke of the wheel

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Chris2128

Chris2128 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Tideland, does your dot matrix MFD display km/gallon instead of mpg? And km travelled instead of miles travelled on the trip?

14. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    L/100km for fuel consumption and km on the odo/trip odo.

15. Chris2128

Chris2128 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hmm it means If I want a tech pkg solar Prius, I can't just buy it from Canada and drive it down into U.S. And it would cost a lot of money to have the MFD changed and it actually may not work because the unit on the wheel(that converts the rotations into kilometers) will also have to be changed.
    I guess I'd rather stick with my non-solar tech pkg v. After all, I use the LKA every single day. Yes 100 miles everyday. Even in winter!! (no use for solar option in winter right?)
    I am thankful and grateful to God for what I currently have.

16. robby3

robby3 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hmm, my EU Prius has a switch to change display from km in mls. I assume that this may also change the display from l/100km into mls/gallon.

17. Mike Dimmick

Mike Dimmick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Probably not. My UK model (2G) can switch the speedometer from MPH to km/h, but the odometer remains in miles and the fuel consumption in MPG (imperial gallon).

Since the UK hasn't sold fuel in gallons for about 25 years, and very few people under 40 have any idea how big a gallon actually is, no-one has a clue how much it costs them to drive a given distance.

18. wogue

wogue Lexus CT200h

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    there aren't any law problems with the country specific packges.
    wake up guys! all the nice things will be available everywhere when the gen3 facelift comes in 2012 or 2013!

you'll get the led headlights together with the solar roof and finally will get the hud.
    we'll finally get the lka and probably sandy beach...

question is: what about the wheels? nice new 16" instead of the 15" and the 17" as an option?
    i was told that the solar roof requires the 15" wheels in order to optimze fuel efficiency due to the losses of the roof.

only problem is: how can one get a prius without leather but with lka and radar cc.? i hate leather seats...

19. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Perhaps go to an upholster to get it re-upholsted in fabric?

20. luchinis

luchinis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    In Italy they have 3 MODELS , the 2 with moonroof (optional) have 17" rims

Toyota - Prius specifications