1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Video showcasing 2011 Prius 'v' driving/interior

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by DanMode, Feb 18, 2011.

1. DanMode

DanMode Brooklyn Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Was browsing through YouTube and came across this video. It's just titled as "2011 Prius" so it might have gone under the radar for folks specifically looking for the 'v'.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NQYc0XS5DQ"]YouTube - 2011 Toyota Prius[/ame]

Personally, I think the inside dash is a little too 'busy' compared to the Gen III. I do like the rest of the interior though (seating), as well as how the dual moon roofs slide open.

12 people like this.
  2. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  3. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep the back seats recline like my wife's Venza. I see a lot of similarities between the Prius v and the Venza like the dual moon roof (but not the gas mileage - :eek:). Well since the Venza has a panoramic glass roof, maybe they'll actually call the Prius v's roof the panoramic resin roof in their final marketing literature. Seems like I should take a real close look at it since I like how the front seat folds down too. Weird how they both have V as part of their name. I wonder if they'll come up with a commercial like Coke and Coke Zero, man I hope not.
    :D

4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Prius v has a lot of the design clues from the Iconic Prius (gen2). Especially, the front looks just like gen2.

5. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My wife has yet to drive my Prius yet by her own choice. She thought it was ugly when we bought it and still feels the same. I just watched the video with her and she says she likes it and would consider getting one.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    one cup holder.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Two. Looks closely. The second is a pop-out by the passenger side vent.

8. A J

A J Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I absolutely HATE central instrumentation. That should be in front of the driver. Oh well, I did not like digital display either prior to getting a gen2. Gonna get me one of those(used) when I wear mine out

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    interesting. so the recognize the need for a second cupholder, but they relagate it to the least convenient spot they can find. meanwhile, they're back to all the inefficient waste of space ahead of the gen II console.

10. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Had that been available in early 2009, I would own one instead of my Prius. I can't see trading in a perfectly good 2009 Prius for it, but it IS what I wanted.

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Half the ppl here complained about the flying bridge lol. Those should be happy with the v's interior because it takes the openess of the Gen 2 and puts a useful tray at the bottom (it's not limited by height and the side walls are taller so the tray is "deeper").

Yeah I don't particularly fancy pop-out cupholders either. They never seem stable enough for me. It's ok for the rear since they're usually close to the floor but for something that high, I hope it's deep enough.

12. FBZ

FBZ New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The interior is generally ... Ugly ... This is a step backwards in my opinion.

13. skilbovia

skilbovia Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Actually what I want is Qty 1 Prius v and Qty 1 Prius c. But I will settle for qty 2 Prius Gen III. DId I mention I was picking up Prius #2 tomorrow?

14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! what are you getting and which dealership? are the 10 numbers dwindling?

15. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Love that NAV screen!

16. Airbalancer

Airbalancer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know what you mean , more room mmmmmm

My wife drives the Prius and I am back in the pick up, I wonder if the V will give me enough room

17. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    when toyota released the 3rd gen prius, they talked about making a more commercial prius. while the current one is family orientated.. the V is a step nicer of sorts. it's all a little more flush and built in (the power modes for example) than the 3rd gen.

i look at this as a vehicle for delivery people, taxi drivers, construction workers not wanting a truck, and families needing a tad bit more room than the current prius. in my mind it's more commercial or grownup in a way. it also eliminates the need to step into a car like the camry once the current prius isn't enough for you... (with better gas mileage...)

i like the video.. it's nice to see it all without someone yapping in your ear... hehe...

i feel the hide away cup holders are sufficient. i didn't see it yet expect it to be similar to the style used on the lexus RX hybrids for a while now. it's very sturdy (toyota's won't be as sturdy.. but should still work fine). in the lexus it was in front of the outer vent.. so when you blast A/C.. it keeps water and such cold.

18. mikewithaprius

mikewithaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I like it. It'll be a great option for those who for whatever reason think that the Prius is a small car.

My dad is insistent on having the largest car possible (95% of the time it's just him in it, then sometimes my parents together. I've been trying to plant the idea of them getting this in a year or two since he's stuck on having as big a car as possible for no reason.

19. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'll never get my father out of his 91 continental. he does get 25 mpg on the hwy tho.

20. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think Toyota is on point with this vehicle. Wondering how people will take to the 11.5 s 0 to 60 mph time, but hopefully that's a typo :)

Was bummed to hear about 2 Leaf owners so far whose optimistic range indicatiors left them stranded a few miles from home. Seem BEV will be for enthusiasts. I think good hybrids like this then PHV's will be best for the mainstream, and Toyota is doing it the best.