1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vinyl stickers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by TheForce, Sep 5, 2006.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My brother picked up a vinyl cutter for cheap and i've been doing some experiments on what I would like to cut and this is what I have come up with.

The ones I added are the Best Tank 70.4 mpg, PRIUSCHAT.COM, and the Averaging 59.5 mpg on the lower window. I have not cut these yet and just wanted some opinions. :D

Anyone have some better ideas for information to be added, different fonts, graphic designs, different locations?

[​IMG]

2. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I really like the look of the Priuschat.com one. Especially the way you have it curving.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Likewise, the Priuschat one is very cool curving that way. Personally I prob. wouldn't put the best tank and avg. mpg thing on, but the way you've done it is tasteful.

But I'd put the PC one on my car in a heart beat.

4. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Sep 5 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]314892[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks. I wanted to make them up and out of the way. I did not want to make them large IN YOUR FACE and smug. :)

5. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I like the Priuschat.com decal and would buy one right now - the one I ordered has not come in and it's been a LONG time.

Where did you get the vinyl cutter cheap?

Can you make a big HSD decal as discussed in this thread?
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=23288

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I like them. They're small and out of the way, not ostentatious.

And face it, those are the two most common questions. Now you don't have to be cornered in the parking lot to answer.

7. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would like to sell them or even get them in the priuschat store if Danny would like them. If I got the OK from danny I would like to sell them and give a percent of the profits to priuschat.com Unfortunatly since i'm doing this for my own personal use I dont buy in bulk. That means stickers would be expensive. :(

My vinyl cutter only cuts single color vinyl so something like the HSD decal would require a $1000+ cutter/printer. :( Wish I had the money for one of those. My brother picked it up for about $200. Its a 20 inch cutter. Roland Camm1 pnc-1000. Its not a bad little cutter.

8. talonts

talonts VFAQman

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Sep 5 2006, 07:35 PM) [snapback]314863[/snapback]</div>
    I'd be interested in Toyota logos the exact same size as the one on the hatch and the hood, so I can remove the chrome ones (they're the last raised chrome badges I have left on either car, but the locator holes under them need to be covered by a decal matching the dimensions of the Toyota logos).

I'd be interested in the logos in black or silver. Probably black as a first choice.

9. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(talonts @ Sep 8 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]316627[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for your interest but right now all I have is white vinyl. I dont plan to do much cutting and because of that I dont plan to order anymore colors at this time. Viny is expensive to invest in when you only buy a small supply and have a very small group of people interested in it. :(

This is only a guess right now but it looks like for me to recoup the loss in vinyl/cutting equipment/time/PC donation it would be around $10 per linear foot used. If I could get some more ideas and how many people want of each thing I might be able to make a package of decals for $10-20 plus shipping.

I also would not want to sell anything that is all ready in the PC shop. I would have to get danny's permission on the priuschat.com bent center decal because I dont want to interfear with the one that you can buy in the shop.

If there are a lot of people interested in this I might go into the vinyl cutting business :huh:

10. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Sep 8 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]316662[/snapback]</div>
    Be careful what you wish for, theforce...take this as GOSPEL from the WeePriQueen herself! B) (And start setting up a spreadsheet NOW!)

11. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think you missed a spot...

Just kidding, looks good! I want to put a PriusChat decal on my window, where can I get one?

12. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I finally got around to cut my vinyl stickers and they turned out exactly like what you see in the picture I posted in my first post. I say exactly because I made no further changes to the design. I will try to post a real photo on the next sunny day my car is clean. :D

13. hybridized

hybridized New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Sep 28 2006, 10:10 AM) [snapback]325108[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, does the vinyl stick to bumpers? I've just got my California HOV stickers and am looking for a way to apply them without sticking them directly to the bumpers. If I could put them on a vinyl square and apply the vinyl to my car, I expect the stickers would be easily removable. Maybe I could even put them on only when I find I want to use an HOV lane...!

14. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hybridized @ Oct 1 2006, 01:36 PM) [snapback]326499[/snapback]</div>
    These vinyl stickers are just like bumper stickers. They stick and when you peal them off they wont stick again. Or they wont stick again very well.

15. Bearcatzzz

Bearcatzzz Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Oct 1 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]326506[/snapback]</div>
    Do they peel off easily? Leave a residue?

16. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stan57 @ Oct 1 2006, 07:49 PM) [snapback]326604[/snapback]</div>
    Depending how you peel them off they could leave some sticky stuff. But that can eaisly be removed with some googone.

17. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well here is what my stickers really look like as promised. This is the real deal and not a photoshop job like the last pictures. I made a change to the Averaging MPG sticker. I just made it two digits instead of three with a decimal point. This makes changing it a lot easier because I wont have to update it every time I get .1 MPG more or less on my average. I now just round up or down and when my two digit MPG changes I change it on my car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    First of all, that looks really cool. I wish you were going to be able to mass produce those.

Next, the Priuschat.com sticker looks a bit off center with more 'weight' on the left....probably b/c of the 'dot' being smaller than the other letters. Perhaps a subtle shift to the right would be a bit more symetrical.

19. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jan 2 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]369750[/snapback]</div>

Thanks.

The only thing holding me back from making a bunch of them is time. I currently dont have time to make a batch. I am working this week to clear out some space for my cutter so I can make them later. Because I currently dont have enough time I still havnt asked Danny if he would like a batch for the shop. Depending on how things go this week I may get around to emailing him about them.

One thing I would like to do if I do make them is to make some other stickers to go with it like the Best Tank and Averaging along with some numbers. Maybe some other hybrid type stickers too.

20. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Jan 2 2007, 05:17 PM) [snapback]369760[/snapback]</div>
    I always wanted a sticker that somehow gets the point across about reducing imported oil to stop giving our money to the arabs that we are at war with. We are literally fueling the war and killing our own soldiers. I did recently see a Prius with a sticker that says something like "Save a soldier, buy a Hybrid" which is something I would put on my car.