1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vinyl wrapped your roof?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by chadwickt27, Mar 31, 2017.

1. chadwickt27

chadwickt27 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm itching to wrap my roof in glossy black vinyl. You know, for that all glass effect. I usually do these things myself and was wondering if anyone has any insight on how to go about this. I have a few questions: Did you have to remove the antenna base? Know the roof dimensions? Know of a good place to buy precut vinyl? Any tips or pics from those who have done this project?

kosi2 and Burna J like this.
  2. m3pare

m3pare Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I partially wrapped my roof gloss black to match the solar panels on the front portion of the roof. I removed the antenna base as I was told the vinyl might shrink over time if you just cut around the base.

kosi2, chadwickt27 and Dylan Doxey like this.
  3. kosi2

kosi2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i will love to see it

chadwickt27 likes this.
  4. William Redoubt

William Redoubt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Always buy cast wrap. It shouldn't shrink. No need to precut. Plenty of videos online to show you how. Get the wrap laminated, and use the type with "air channels." The installation is painless if you clean the surface as directed by the product.

chadwickt27 likes this.