1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Viper SmartStart system?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by plucas, Oct 25, 2009.

1. plucas

plucas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello,

I have a 2008 Toyota Prius and am thinking about purchasing the Viper SmartStart system so I can use it with my iPhone. Does anyone know of any problems installing this unit? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

plucas:confused:

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  3. Kenny195

Kenny195 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Free for the 1st year then $29.99 after.... thats ok... I'll pass.

4. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Looks really neat. But the first question is if they can install it on a Prius. The closest they get to saying Prius is Toyota Camry 07+ with push to start ignition. No mention of a hybrid system.

When I asked at Best Buy if they could install a remote start on my Gen2 (2006), the installation guy said that he didn't even want to attempt it. That was maybe 2 years ago, and maybe things have changed (Gen2 hasn't... in fact they don't even make them any more). One test of their installation skill is if they require an extra keyfob for their setup. The only acceptable answer is no.

5. MikeinVA

MikeinVA New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently looked into getting the Smart Start for my 2008 Prius. The installers at my Best Buy said that they could install it but it would override my keyless entry - you can't have both activated. In addition, I contacted my dealer and asked for thier input and they would not recommend it.

Hope this helps.

-Mike