1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

visibility over your left shoulder???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by canuckican, Jul 2, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i know a better way to get used to the "no hood" view. go out and buy "Need For Speed" then set the drivers view to front bumper and hit the gas and have fun!@!

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Re: more blind spots

The driving habit I have that scares the HELL out of me is when I'm about to turn right at a red stoplight (after stopping), and am concentrating looking left for oncoming traffic -- without checking right to see if a pedestrian is about to (quite legally) cross my bow.

:cussing: stupid of me!!!

I would rather just wait until the light turns green, but I let myself get intimidated by the 3-4 cars behind me, also waiting to turn right.

So I need to train myself to check right (or left, if turning left on a one-way street). I'm a responsible driver -- time to start acting like one.
    Right you are, Bob! And carefully!

3. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm baaaaccckkk!! "Wow" doesn't even come close to doing justice to this car. It is the most incredible car ever! I was completely in love after an hour, and have mastered the technique to driving for best MPG, thanks to everything everybody has posted to this site. I achieved 65 MPG on the freeways with absolutely no trouble at all! And did better on the way home, as I still have a completely full tank of gas! As for blind spots, I had no problems at all. None. Seeing over the dash? Nope, no problems there either. Getting used to the layout of the dash? I prefer it Prius-style! Tis most sweet! It was great fun to stealth it and see people's faces as my completely silent car goes whizzing by them. I really did look for things that might be wrong with the car, but could find none. It was extremely steady at 70+ mph (no tendency to follow groves or wobble around, tracked very well), no problems with getting blown around the lane by large vehicles/semis, blind spots & mirror view range not a problem... It's awesome.

I saw many other Prii on the opposite side of the freeway as I headed towards OR. But the highlight was stopping at a rest-stop and parking next to another Prius! For the first time, I got a chance to talk face-to-face with a Prius owner. They were real nice and I enjoyed our chat.

Now comes the hard part... giving it back to Enterprise Monday morning! :( :( It's gonna be Starbug abuse! *plots to flee the country with the car*

DaveinOlyWa: LOL, I like your idea of a Starbug Rental Fund. :mrgreen: Hmmmm, must get Need For Speed....

Bob Allen: LOL, I've seen your fake cell phone antenna in the album and I love it. Although I quickly realised that I intuitively knew where my bumpers were, I think I'd still put the antenna on the front because it's so cool-looking! :mrgreen:

....must....buy....Prius....NOW! :love:

4. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    She can have my 97 points! They are redeemable at Toyota right? :wink:

5. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    all right Starbug!!! now you know what we know. i had no doubt in your total conversion to "Priusness" and now that you have driven the car and experienced "Prius-gri la" its only a matter of time before you are a full fledged citizen of the "Priusdom" community.

and you have the advantage of driving a car that has been probably broken in which would explain the high mpg on the freeway. mine mpg has just now started to increase after 3500 miles.

PS... i warned you about having to give the car back!!!

6. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Yes, it was very broken in. Had nearly 14k miles on it. In it's prime, and perfect. You know what depresses me today? I gave the car back to Enterprise like a good law-abiding citizen... *bawls* I should have joined the Criminal World and fled the country with it instead! Heeey, you're just in Olympia... I could hunt down yours... it might soon be safe from Manny, but not yet from me! LOL, j/k. :wink:

It was a weekend of much bonding with it, let me tell ya! I camped out on the back seat every night (forgot to bring a tent! D'oh! :oops: ), and entered it in a "Lawn Concours" event for high-end and/or exotic sports cars just to see their faces when they saw it (I know all these guys very well). Parked it next to an M3 and popped the hood as they had done. When I returned later, I found that someone had jokingly put a sign on the windshield saying that it was illegally parked and would be towed away because only cars with 300+ hp could be there (somebody's rented Focus also had such a sign). I had been razzed the moment I showed up with the only hybrid, all the way til I left. I think they're just jealous... :mrgreen: Seriously, they really did like the car. I got many comments/compliments on it. The guys just enjoy giving me a hard time because they can. Even I get a laugh at their jokes & pranks. Can't wait to do it again...this time with my own Prius! :mrgreen:

7. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

LOL!! I only wish that were true.

..out of curiousity, how does one go about getting those points, and what do you use them for? I've never seen mention of it before. :oops:

8. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

You could just donate them to me as I donated mine to Manny and Dianne Well a hundred between them.

9. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    actually points are made by posting and what are they good for?...

well good for giving, trading, chips for poker parties, bragging rights... ya know...that kinda stuff.

10. bookrats

bookrats New Member

The Canonical Points Thread.

11. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    DaveinOlyWA: ahhhhh, I understand now! :) Hmmm, poker parties.... one day somebody will find a way to have a PC poker party. 8)

Bookrats: LOL!! That thread's great! I didn't even know it was there. This place gets crazier and crazier (and that's a good thing)....

12. Batavier

Batavier Member

Hmm, only 6 points for bookrats. I'll make it 8 or 9 (I think I have a few points left to spend). :D

13. bruceha_2000

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Batavier, you should not go around pointless, its almost like being naked in public! I gave you 19 leaving a nice even 100 :)

14. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Bruce, I give you 5 points for making me laugh this morning.

15. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The points are attacking me!!!

16. bruceha_2000

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Re: more blind spots

I don't have that problem, mine is that there are so few people walking that I need to ensure I stop before the crosswalk. 99% of the time there is no one on the sidewalk so it is easy to forget there MIGHT be someone!
    I guess it depends on how many people are there to use the crosswalk. If there is a steady stream, wait it out, if not, go when safe, without pushing.

When I was in Germany, it was VERY clear that the Germans held strictly to pedestrian rights. Never ONCE did anyone attempt to cross against the light nor did they enter the intersection once the walk sign was no longer green. And woe to the driver who starts moving before the pedestrian has fully landed on the sidewalk. "I respect your space, you respect mine". If looks could kill, I'd be fatherless (because he was driving, not me)! But he would have died only the one time, he is a fast learner :)

17. bruceha_2000

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hey look, Starbug is over the 200 limit - what bad thing happens now? And how did that happen? :?

18. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    actually she is over 300!

19. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Stooped shoulders from carrying all those :cussing: points around!