1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Visit to the dealer today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by victor, Oct 21, 2004.

1. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    I went to my dealer today to get the steering wheel centered. Whilst there he let me play with the Inteligent Tester II, a very nice, if expensive, bit of kit. I was able to adjust afew parameters to my specification as well :lol:

Anyhow, the technician is going to Koln next week for a meeting with several Prius experts, so I left him some points to pass on and to be answered.

1. Can the reverse bleep be moved to outside. He also commented that he had almost run a child over reversing out of his garage as they didnt expect the car to move.

2. Is wiring in place for a reverse camera and what would be involved in getting one to work.

3. Can the KMH/MPH switch be implemented on the EU cars without MPH.

If I get a reply, I will post here.

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks Victor!

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  4. victor

victor New Member

The Inteligent Tester II (IT2) is the box that plugs into the socketjust under and to the side of the steering wheel. Never noticed it? Justfeel along the edge of the plastic trim between the wheeland the center console. Its alsoknow as DLC3 socket or similar.

The IT2 is a windows based handheld box about 9 inches long, 6 inches wide and 1 - 2 deep. It has a thick cablewhich connects to DLC3. The unit costs circa EURO 14,000.

This tool is used to read all the error codes, set the customer specific preferences, display voltages, plot oscilloscope type graphs etc. It also has options for non-prius stuff such as sliding roof, automatic hard top etc, as well as being the SKS key programmer. If it can be controlled or adjusted, this box can do it.

I adjusted the SKS system so the car searches every 450ms (default 300ms) for the SKS key and changed the number of bleeps from 3 to 7 for the "you for got to switch the car off idiot" warning if you try to lock the car with the HV system still active. I also adjusted the way the dome light works, so now it doesnt fade 15seconds after getting in the car. I set it to switch off when I press the start button.

I cant find a picture of the IT2, but the IT1 is in this picture this picture The IT2 is bigger.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Dude. That's awesome. What are the chances that such equipment might become regular tools at dealers? I think it would be great if I had a list of customizations on paper in my glovebox; if everything is wiped due to error or repair, the settings can be restored.

6. victor

victor New Member

All dealers are supposed to have at least 1. At least thats the case in Europe. My dealer has 2 branches, and both have their own unit. Ive put a link to the IT1 on the previous post.

Yes the IT2 can backup and restore settings of your car!

I have attached a PDF which although in German shows an exmple of a IT2 screen used during diagnostics. The display (drawn) is in English shown you can get a good idea of how it looks.

7. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Victor all three questions are well thought out ...thanks for asking them.. I was at the barber's today.. there were three of us with Prii (could have been a Prii show) the subject of the out side beeper came up as one guy said his wife backed the Prius out of the garage and almost ran over him...

I would like to lose the KMH switch.. I must have hit it the other day and thought I was ripping around town... I'm sure the people driving behind me were unimpressed as I kept putting on the breaks... told my wife that the speedometer as haywire... DUH... :mrgreen:

8. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Tony... add this link to your favorites...Babel Fish Translation .. it's the neatest thing...you can change a word of a webpage...

http://www.babelfish.altavista.com/

Bob Andersen

9. victor

victor New Member

I would like to have this as where I live we are aKMH area (Main land Europe), but when I visit family, then its an MPH area (UK). Its a pain that they removed in on the mainland versions.

So Im thinking, like the EV for you guys, maybe there is a pin that can be attacked and a switch fitted that would alow its operation.

I tried setting the destination land in the hidden menu from EU LHD to EU RHD, but it didnt make a difference, although I didnt reboot the car :roll: