1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Visor clip rattle

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by egg_salad, Aug 26, 2019.

1. egg_salad

egg_salad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I've got a rattle which is caused by a loose fit between the sun visor and the mounting clip. I suppose the cylindrical bit of the visor could have shrunk, but I'm more inclined to believe the clip has stretched. I'd happily spend the few bucks on a new clip, but I can't make out how to extract it from the roof.

Thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wrap the part of the visor that clips into place in cloth tape that matches color of upholstery?

My problem is always on the other end, not where the visor clips, but the post coming loose from roof, so there's nothing for the visor to clip into... I'm always grabbing those if they still have 'em at the wrecking yard.

Good news is this is a standard part across many different types of Toyota so replacement that's new or used is gonna be easy to find if you don't want to fix with tape...

3. egg_salad

egg_salad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I tried the tape trick. Unfortunately it can get to 140F in a parked car around here, and the adhesive on the tape lasts 7 minutes under those conditions.