1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Visor mounted Bluetooth in a Prius Problems?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by TallBill, Apr 30, 2011.

1. TallBill

TallBill New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought a 2011 Prius II and have tried a couple different "viser mounted" bluetooth to connect with a Droidx. It works about half the time but even with volume full up many times it asks for a "command" in very low volumne. The unit taken out of the car and into my home seems to work better. Is it possible the Prius and battery system effects the Bluetooth? Any help or ideas as to what will work will be appreciated. Bill

2. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Not sure if this is any help, but I have a Scoshe speakEasy CBHV2 which I bought for use in a non-bluetooth equipped car. My phone is an HCT MyTouch. I tried switching the CBHV2 over to my '06 Prius with the phone already paired to prevent it from auto pairing with the Prius system. It seemed to work fine in the Prius with no interference. Granted, I only tried one call, but the Prius was in "ready" mode with the ICE running, and you said yours works normally part of the time. Maybe if you specify the units you have tried, someone with one of them will have a better answer for you. Good luck. (BTW, the factory Prius system works very well.)

3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    An aftermarket Bluetooth unit won't interfere with the Prius bluetooth (if it has one). Bluetooth is spread spectrum. The Prius systems also shouldn't interfere with the bluetooth. Do ensure you have a stable supply of power to the unit. Other than that, it's possible the phone isn't totally happy with the unit. Bluetooth is still evolving. I just got a new Garmin 2460 GPS for another vehicle (we are getting a new law requiring hands-free operation for cell-phones). It's amazing how easily it automatically downloaded the phone book from my phone (without me even asking!).
    Some versions of Android do have a lot of trouble with bluetooth. Perhaps if you can update your phone you might have more luck.