1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

voice activated navigation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by clifford, Mar 15, 2006.

1. clifford

clifford Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This is pre- purchase as I am debating the Navigation. How can I find out how it actually works. What are the commands, etc? Seems the dealer has not been very much help here.

2. walt

walt New Member

Bel Air, MD, USA -=- Blair, Merlin, Merka
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) The Lexus uses the same NAV system. This link will take you to an online demo which will be the same for the Prius... only difference, some dash switches are in different locations. This, however, will not demo the voice activated commands. This demo works better if you have a high-speed (like DSL) connection.

This was good through 2005 - not sure about 2006 model since there has been a significant change in the display - better resolution. I have found the NAV system to be good but the voice command responses are sometimes peculiar... you just need to discover what will or will not work. Due to the sometimes strange, even unrelated, responses to my requests, I named my Prius "Ernestine" after Lili Tomlin's telephone operator character. I do find the system interesting and accurate enough to be helpful - position is usually within 50-75 feet of my actual geographical location.

http://www.lexus.com/models/es/interior.html#dvd

4. walt

walt New Member

Bel Air, MD, USA -=- Blair, Merlin, Merka
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius