1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Voice Activation- stop going thru entire options menu?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jholder, Oct 22, 2010.

1. jholder

jholder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I never use the voice activation, because she always comes on and gives every option...the whole rundown. Takes a good 20 secs. Is there a way to bypass the tutorial every time?

Thanks!

2. docsnavely

docsnavely Insert Custom Title Here

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Go to settings in the nav unit and then select the voice settings box. In there is the way to get the woman to shut up.

If only there was a way to not have to go through the entire step through to call my wife. I wish it was like the Ford system where it beels and you just tell it what you want instead of "Phone" "Dial by name" "My wife" "Yes" "Dial"

So friggin annoying.

3. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    click the 'speak' button twice in a row. that cuts her off.

4. docsnavely

docsnavely Insert Custom Title Here

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    If only my kids had a speak button I could press twice.

5. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    At the very least, you can cut out "Phone". If your entry for "My wife" only has one phone number, I think it will skip the part where it asks for "Mobile, Home, Work, or Other" too, but I'm not certain. So you could say "Dial by name" ... "My wife" ... "Dial". The only improvement beyond that point that I'd want is the ability to say "Call my wife" as a single step, then "Dial" or something to confirm (or at least a pause so I could say "cancel" if it got the person wrong). Well, that, and I don't have a wife yet either, so it should probably recognize "call my fiancée" instead.

6. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I forget how I got into it, but you can turn off the "voice directions", whereby it will just give you the "beep". This is how I have mine set up.