1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Voice Command to stop Guidance

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by cetac93, Apr 4, 2013.

1. cetac93

cetac93 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Is there a voice command to stop guidance in the non ATP nav system?

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    In our Lexi (plural of Lexus) it is "suspend guidance". It uses the same Denso navigation system, so I would try that. The navigation system has its own gigantic user manual in case you haven't opened your glove box. So you get the car's owner's manual, and then the navigation manual which is thicker than the owner's manual. It has the voice commands in there.

3. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    No, there isn't.

4. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It appears from reading posts here and over in the Club Lexus forums that sometime in the last couple of years or so the Toyota/Lexus software engineers have made some poor choices regarding the NAV firmware.

2013 Lexii NAV = Bad, Bad, Bad!!! | PriusChat

The 800# for Lexus Customer Service is 1-800-255-3987
    The 800# for Toyota Customer Service is 1-800-331-4331

Hopefully with enough targeted complaints the "Suspend Guidance", "Resume Guidance" and muting of guidance during phone calls will return in the next firmware release.

Ohhh for those of you getting lost while making a phone call please try leaving your map screen up and follow the turns displayed on it. Or if you have a HUD follow the turns there. These should still be available while on the phone. If not add it to the list of fixes for the next firmware release. Kind of sad that our almost decade old NAV's in Ema and Myrtle are more user friendly than the 2013 revision.

Happy driving,
    Chris

Chazz8 likes this.
  5. JasonW

JasonW Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    On my new prius V I got really upset with the nav system. Nothing I could do would shut it up. Apparently you have to come to a complete stop in order to get to the menu that will stop the nav once you set it.

I learned that day that the voice command system, does not understand cuss words, and then will further screw with you by talking even more, or randomly dialing people in your phone book if you scream at it in frustration. I like Siri a lot more, and wish the voice command button would just activate her.

I like the bluetooth integration, I like the hands free phone integration, and the radio system is pretty good. The navigation is a piece of crap with it's "you can't touch me while moving" BS. And desperately needs a software update.

6. GerryL

GerryL Master Model Railroader

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Not true in my 2012 V3. I can touch the OPTIONS button (bottom of the map screen) at any time, then hit STOP GUIDANCE and it's over. I do it while actively driving all the time.

7. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Maybe trying to drive while making a call and looking at a map is not an especially safe thing to be doing.

Yes GerryL, mine works the same way. Not particularly intuitive but it does shut her up.

Yes everyone, the map sw and map data base are inferior to almost any stand alone GPS.

8. sURFNmADNESS

sURFNmADNESS Prii Family

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    "Suspend guidance" used to be the older command. I have not confirmed with my 2012 V yet.

9. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I spent a lot of time trying to find any verbal command to suspend or stop guidance on my 2012 Prius v w/ Adv Tech Pkg to no avail. I have to look away from the road and press/touch three button/screen buttons to perform the mislabeled function DELETE DESTINATION. It just does not feel like very advanced technology when it can't do a ton of verbal commands that work fine to OK in my son's 2008 Gen II Prius.

Note to self: Start thread "Post here after you contact Toyota to complain how verbal commands from Gen II are gone all post 2010 Prius models/vehicles." Need help with that title. Should I include Toyota support phone # in the title? Where do I post the thread (v, PiP, c, Gen III). We definitely need to generate some squeaky wheel noise if we ever want an update to fix this oversight, and not just a "new" Gen IV feature for future buyers.

10. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Same on 2012 v Five

11. Alan Claver

Alan Claver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    What I can't do is figure out how to navigate to a location in my phonebook (synced from my iOS device)!

12. GerryL

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I think this is a universal problem, Alan. I don't believe anyone's been able to do it because it always comes back with some weird error message. That's why I put my most-visited addresses into the Favorites in the car itself.

13. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I forgot GerryL got the stop guidance command down to two screen button presses. It still takes you attention away from the road and I/we need to let Toyota corporation know early and often how much we dislike buying new Prius vehicles that can't even come close to the safer and much more extensive Gen II voice recognition system.

I'm in the process of training myself to use the Options - Stop Navigation method, but I have been having more fun with my Garmin 3790 w Ecoroute HD so I don't get much practice.

Edit: On Premium HDD Nav the two screen button option for Pause Navigation starts with Route not Options. Go figure.

14. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    U have the prius 5? is that the Premium HDD Navigation?

15. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Prius 3 - Display Audio with Navigation and Entune??
    if so you should be able to get addresses working.
    What it will fail is street address registered in the Map in 2 cities. They will not work.
    U have to make sure you have the country and state info on top the the street address. Don't use the zip code.

16. Alan Claver

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, standard Prius with option 5 package which includes the Premium head unit. I use "premium" loosely. :cool: Toytoa should just go buy Siri handsfree and they'd have a nav system 100x as advanced as the current one.

17. Alan Claver

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Prius 5 with Premium headunit. I don't see how to select addresses from my phone directory AT ALL? What's the sequence? Right now I usually preload the address into Entune/Bing/Saved Destinations which syncs when I get into the car but this takes a bit of work (since the Bing/Entune application is ATROCIOUS).

Does no one in Japan use navigation/smartphone integration? It seems like something you'd see 5 years ago.

18. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thats is a good one!

19. GerryL

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Well, that makes sense. Not. In other words, I have to re-format all the addresses in my phone? Don't think that's gonna happen.

But thanks for the info, Zeph.

20. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    what your address on the phone like? Can to share some examples?
    if its the streets on 2 cities, no reformatting will fix that, it is Toyota's bug.
    if not it may have to do with your Map database of the formatting