1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Voice Commands

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hoferchr, Feb 1, 2012.

1. hoferchr

hoferchr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2011 Prius. After I push the button on my steering wheel to say a voice command, the lady's voice always beings by stating that I should say a command like "Go Home", "Destination", "Audio", etc. Basically, she reads off the entire command list to you for every selection screen. Is there a way to deactivate this so when you push the button on the steering wheel I can just say the command rather than waiting for her to give all the instructions?

Also, I know there was a listing of all the voice commands for the 2nd gen Prius...is there one for the 3rd gen?

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  3. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There's a setting to disable the prompts; push the Setup button, then Voice. I think it's maybe the 'Voice Recognition Guidance' item? The manual does a pretty awful job of describing what each of the items does. When it's off, you press the talk button, and it just gives you the single beep to tell you that it's listening.

I used it like that for a couple weeks, but I found a problem with it - my passengers didn't know I had pushed the button, and would often interrupt me as I was trying to talk to the car. Instead, you can leave the guidance on, but interrupt her at any time by pressing the talk switch again. So I press the button once, she starts listing commands (which shuts up my passengers), and then I press the button a second time and give a command.

2 people like this.
  4. tomtomsf

tomtomsf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Any time the lady is speaking, you can cut her off instantly by pushing the voice command button again. You will hear a short beep and then you can say your command. Cut her off early if you don't want to hear her. Let her speak if you forgot what choices you have (although you can easily see them on the screen).

Tom G.