1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Voice Recognition Not Available

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jabecker, May 17, 2012.

1. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This morning on the way to work I pushed the voice button to change from FM to AM, and received a message that said something like "voice activation is not available right now. Please try back later."

By the time I got to work about 15 minutes later, it appeared to be working OK.

Has anyone else seen this or know why it happened?

I have a 2012 Prius Four with the 7" HDD Nav unit.

2. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    JABecker - Piloting a 2012 Pv5ATP here. Here, lately, I also have started to periodically and randomly see the same "Voice Recognition Not Available" message displayed on the MFD Monitor Screen. So far, it has only happened in the first few minutes right after initial Start Up, as I roll at residential speeds down the street leading out of my enclave after pushing the Voice Recognition Button on the Steering Wheel to wake up the NAV Lady from her beauty sleep slumber so I can whisper sweet nothings to her on my intended "My Destinations" destination for that sortie excursion.

I always operate in the Full, 24/7/365, Adoration Mode, with my wife. Her Beauteousness has always been with me during the times display of the "Voice Recognition Not Available" message has occurred. Might the NAV Lady be expressing a tinge of jealousy about my Bride For Life being chauffeured around in the cabin, and chitchatting with me in womanly, wifely fashion? I do not know.

All I have done to cajole the coy NAV Lady into Voice Recognition Response Compliance, is to re-push the Voice Recognition Button to get the Point “Aâ€-To-Point “B†directing little darling to finally let me sweet talk her to inform her where I want to go. So far, she has taken my “Favorites†voice command, responded to “My Destinations,†taken my confirming “Yes (Dear)†to my intended destination, and “Yes (Dear)†to her “Do You Want To Start Route Guidance?†question with her telling me “Starting Route Guidance Now.â€

Ah-h-h-h…Golden-Winged Don José “The Catgic†Quixote, of flying between windmills fame, has always had a way with women.

Daddy Hal Entune may tell me "Voice Recognition Not Available," in his effort to stifle and put a damper on my hot, Cyber GPS Geo-Positing Relationship with Señorita NAV Lady. While my new “Girl Friend†may be coy, she is not fickle. She knows the Voice Recognition answer to “Who loves ya, baby?†is not “Telly,†but “The Catgic.†:wub:

NAVisita and I shall continue having “Prius v hybrid rockets in flight,†morning, night, and “afternoon GEO delights,†and “Having Fun, Fun, Fun, Until Daddy Hal Takes Our Prius Fuel Miser Away.†:plane:

1 person likes this.
  3. Cvk14

Cvk14 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i'm not 100% sure, but i'm assuming that the nav unit is also a Microsoft Windows CE product, and as such, needs a good 3-4 hours to get everything operating properly.

i too have found that within the first 2-3 minutes of starting the car, that it will give me the Voice recognition not available warning.

have you tried using the bluetooth audio from a cold-start? wow that takes FOREVER.

1 person likes this.
  4. Logical

Logical Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    +1!!!

5. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ah. Thanks for the replies. I assumed that neither she nor I had enough coffee on board. :D