1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Volt battery under $3k?

Discussion in 'Chevrolet Volt' started by fotomoto, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Roadburner440

Roadburner440 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Certaintly is interesting to think about... I remember being in Middle School going in to High School and the whole EV1 ordeal was but a blip on my radar. A cool car but at the time I knew nothing about electrics, and was reading Mopar Magazine on a monthly basis. So all I know is what I have seen in the movie and read about online. The people over on gm-volt.com though that were previous EV1 drivers certaintly are informative about some of it. I am just amazed that after that ordeal they came back and bought Volt's....

The contract issue is an interesting one. Technically the cars are owned by Ally Bank or US Bank for the lease. From what I was reading though Ally is a part of GMAC which makes it part of GM. I think as long as I have a year or 2 with the car it will not matter to me if they take it back or not.. I have a lot of cars coming that I like. The Leaf is certaintly top of my list, with the Ford Focus not far behind. Granted they aren't range extenders, but oh well. I know first hand the tech works now, and we always have the Prius as a backup.