1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Volt Fraud At Government Motors

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Octane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    +1 Amen brother! What was our last presidential election turnout... 56%.?! Pathetic really.

2. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes it needs collective effort. Sometime the effort needed is just regulation & quotas. Sometime you need to level the ground (or break the chicken/egg situation) with seed money or subsidies.

If you can't get rid off subsidies for a 100 year industry - how do you expect to do that for a new born ?

3. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    It is what it is. The old equity owners were wiped out. The old bond holders and government now own it. As a hard core capitalist, I abhor the government bailing them out. As a person I profited because I made money on other companies in the auto sector. But the new GM is profitable, and the government will likely get paid back more than they did on the hydrogen subsidies or other wastes. I'd be happy is got part of the profit gm is now making now that they don't need to pay for some of their assets.

The 230mpg thing was fully explained in the press when they stated it. Do you think its a legitimate grudge. You act as if you just found out gm was badly managed. None of the auto companies can be held to what they said about their auto show cars. Not gm, not toyota.

It all depends on who is all of "us". For those of us under 40, candidate 'A' seems as candidate 'B'. The districts have been gerimandered so the winners are chosen before the election. At least some of the truly awful candidates get voted out, but in this election I had to chose between bad and incompetent this election.

I guess if you are economically a conservative, socially a liberal, and environmentally an activist no party fits your ideology. I thought by now we should be able to talk about business without bringing up nazi's.

4. GasSaving

GasSaving Saves $1,000/yr on gas

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Now now. Prius plug in goes on sale in 1.5yrs (in June), with 14 e-miles, plus 50MPG, for $27,000. There's no comparison to the $41,000 Volt with 34MPG after the e-runs out.

5. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    2 people like this.
  6. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Well since you know the future, shoot me a PM with who's going to win the world series and super bowls for the next 5 or so years.

TIA

7. Italex

Italex New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The PHV Prius is not some far-fetched future fantasy. There are 600 of them in current testing. The big car magazines confirm that they get 50 MPG. The starting price will be $26,500.

8. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    To let him know I was done going back and forth with him. Is that not that polite thing to do rather than ignore him? :rolleyes:

9. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I kind of fit the above description and so do many other folks I know. Unfortunately that kind of mindset drives these folks to become independents. :(

I agree with the last part of your paragraph.