1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Volt Sales Figures

Discussion in 'Chevrolet Volt' started by El Dobro, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Chtucker

Chtucker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I went to go buy one on Saturday, it had been on the dealers lot in Bellevue for two weeks.

$5,000 "Adjusted Market Value"
    $1,400 "VIP" package (Plastic film, etched windows, lifetime oil changes"

There goes the $7500 tax credit down the tubes.

I had 10k down in my pocket and was willing to drive away at sticker price and not a penny more.

I walked out without a Volt. I told them I was headed down the road to buy a Prius for 1/2-2/3 the price.

2. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    when dealers do garbage like than I am happy to see their inventory sit on their lots.
    Mine was on the lot for about 8 hours, paid MSRP with only the extras I wanted.
    Of course, I leased as well. Really good deal and it is a new model and new technology to GM.

3. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    :D, Now if you take the 2 off, he is left with 1/5 of that number.

4. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    And that's why Nissan have and Toyota will let the customer choose the dealer.

5. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    MSRP close to $50,000?
    $5,000 "Adjusted Market Value", what is that? for a hard to find Ferrari or Porsche? And they wonder why they are not selling this car?

6. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    I met a couple who had bought a Volt during the Plugin day event here in the Seattle area. They were asked to pay a whopping $10K premium for the car. So they bought the Volt in TX @ MSRP and shipped it home.

I've also seen a few pages of Volt inventory with the Renton Chevy dealer. May be you can try there.

7. Chtucker

Chtucker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Msrp was around $41,000. This one didn't have navigation, something else we were reallly interested in. Buying the Volt makes little economic sense to begin with. I could go and buy a Honda Civic/Toyota Corolla and be way ahead $$$ wise. Asking $6k over MSRP just makes it that more financially stupid. (of course ignoring the other sociology/environmental benefits).

We are still sitting on the fence about what to buy, but it won't be a Volt from that dealer.

8. Chtucker

Chtucker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Just went to Renton Chevy's website. $5k above sticker

Seattle New 2012 Chevrolet Volt Seattle

Seattle area Chevrolet Dealership | Good Chevrolet | Seattle area dealer three are

9. Chtucker

Chtucker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just searched craigslist, the chevy dealer in mount Vernon has three at sticker, maybe tomorrow???

10. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I would only lease this car since I don't know what is going to happen(in terms of resale value) 4 or 5 years from now with 85,000 miles on it.

The original GM lease offer was for $2,500 down with $350.00 per month x 36 months. Good price plus the money saves on gas. I think dealers want to sell, not lease.

Also, shopping online such as: www.truecar.com

11. mfennell

mfennell New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I predict surcharges will be replaced with incentives in due time. Locally, the highest 2012 VIN I could find was in the 7500 range. Based on that, they've already produced 10000 or at least have assigned VINs for that many.

12. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Agree. You can always buy it out if you like it and if it turns to crap you can offload it after three years easily instead.

13. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Buyers trading in Toyota Prius for Chevy Volt, Nissan Leaf!

Buyers trading in Toyota Prius for Chevy Volt, Nissan Leaf

Yep, they are still writing electric vehicle(ICE, Muffler and gas tank included). The numbers should be out by Tuesday. We'll find out how many more Prius owners traded for the Volt.

Prius owners are trading into electric vehicles - latimes.com

14. BlizzardJ

BlizzardJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm in an interesting position: Before I leased my Volt, I only had one car, a 2010 P-II. I was fine with just one car as I normally ride to work on my bike or take the bus before driving. Now with two cars, I still find myself riding to work every day.

Would it count towards as "trading in" a Prius for a Volt even if I had both of them at the same time for a while before unloading the Prius?

BTW, the day I got my Volt there were 4 2012's on the lot, one of them was being plugged in so I assume it was the demo and I took another one, leaving 2 for sale. Doesn't seem to me supply is exceeding demand.

15. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So 7% of those sold to consumers, which we can guesstimate around 4000 at the high end of the scale, traded in their Prius? 7500-8000 is the highest VIN, and most of those are dealer demos or stock.

That would be 280 people. We know that earlier this year we reached the 1,000,000 prius mark with the badges. Apparently this is an epidemic at 0.028%.

The figure I am interested in, is those that traded a < 20mpg vehicle for a Volt or a Leaf. Those would be new converts.

16. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't understand why the "Prius owners are trading for the Volt" is a marketing strategy. So far, the number of Volt sales for the year represents about 10-12 days of Prius sales!

17. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The prius has the green halo. If you are trading it in on a volt or leaf, those manufacturers will claim the green halo is moving. So it is a marketing advantage for brand.

From a green point of view, not GM or Nissan, the best thing is if trucks or SUVs are being traded in on the leaf or volt.

18. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree, but it seems that the general population is still moving in the other direction.

API: Petroleum demand up 2.5% in September

19. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  20. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I saw my first Volt "in the wild" yesterday. Had to do a double take. Guy was driving it very very slowly, like when Prii were just out there. :)

It looked pretty fugly, it was a light silver colour with big dark stripes on it. Hopefully one less gas guzzler on the road. I rolled down my window to see if I could hear it but it was evening commute and the sound of a million other pistons firing drowned it out.