1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Volt TV commercial

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by efusco, Sep 17, 2007.

1. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Sep 27 2007, 01:18 AM) [snapback]518333[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah I couldn't have said that better. There is not a single other car that I can think of fits me better then my Prius. I needed to have a car that could be cheaply used to go to work in (I drive approx. 350 - 400 miles weekly overall) and because the car my wife already had at purchase is very small (Beetle) We needed to get a vehicle at least a Midsize large enough to comfortably seat the entire family in. I actually care very little about the pollution aspects that is just a bonus to me.

2. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Sep 27 2007, 01:18 AM) [snapback]518333[/snapback]</div>
    Great reply! You lease a GM car and they take it away and won't sell or lease you another like it!

Its a sad situation, but I bought a Japanese car (Prius) because I truly believe it is the best car for me AND for the USA. I think the oil we don't import as a result of me buying a Prius is more important than the car we did import. It would be better for me and the US if GM built the Prius, but they don't. They could have but they decided not to. They built the EV, then they decided to squash the program, literally. I see them deliberately making foolish decision after foolish decision. I can feel sorry for them but I won't buy their sorry cars.

GM is IMO taking the ultimate gamble with the current Volt advertising campaign. If GM doesn't build the Volt, and soon, they will have blown all their credibiliy to an unimaginable degree. I see this Volt advertising campaign, and there are only two possible outcomes. 1) They build the Volt and redeem themselves to a significant degree, or 2) they don't build the Volt and people are rightfully terminally pissed at GM for their deceitful, BS, do nothing business plan that is all about lies and smoke and mirrors and completely devoid of innovation or forward thinking.

If the Volt isn't on the market soon (and I mean really on the market, not some half-assed EV type campaign) I vow I will never even think of buying a GM vehicle as long as I live.

3. justlurkin

justlurkin Señor Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My view from my small corner of these United States of America (namely Long Island, NY)..

- The Toyota Prius is HERE AND NOW. You can actually walk into a Toyota dealership and buy one, and be assured that you are getting a vehicle that has a proven 7-year track record of reliability, owner satisfaction and lack of major problems.

- The Chevy Volt is vaporware. Until the car is in the local dealership showroom where you can see it and sit in it, it is vaporware.

Well, if I need to buy a new car TODAY, I'm not going to wait 2 or more years for GM to come out or not come out with their car. Nobody is going to put off buying a new car to commute, drive kids to and from school, and haul groceries for two years to wait for GM. Especially in my case when the Prius is available and fits my immediate needs perfectly.

GM will need a better argument than "don't send your money overseas!" to persuade me to wait 2 years for the Volt rather than buy a Prius today. To persuade me to not buy the Prius today, GM needs to have a car available at the dealer right now that gets gas mileage as good as the Prius, is as roomy as the Prius, as low-maintenance as the Prius, and as easy to park on congested NYC streets as the Prius. Sadly, they don't, and the only way I can get a car with those attributes right now is to send my money overseas.

Sorry GM.. You snooze, you lose.