1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Voltage sensing terminals on traction battery.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Bill Rivers, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Bill Rivers

Bill Rivers New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    New to Prius and forum. Thought I should show my findings for a code which came up for voltage sensing.
    I searched and came up with a supposedly broken lead. Didn’t know exactly where but a few guys here kinda pointed to where the buss bars are. I looked pretty good and couldn’t see any real break. Decided to pull it off and take it in the house to really look good at it. Turned out it was in the connection to the voltage reader. One of the pins had corroded. Was gonna buy a used setup for $200, but with only 4 screws I got in the box and soldered a jumper to the pin inside. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

Attached Files:

SFO likes this.
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, this is a common problem...

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If that works then great, it's just that the one pic shows corrosion on the terminals to either side of the failed one in the orange connector. So I don't know how long before you have problems (again).

Kudos for going the "repair it" route though.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.