1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vote on the Location For Our First Meeting!!

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by DaveinOlyWA, Aug 3, 2004.

?
  1. Anderson Park in Redmond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. XXX Burger in Issaquah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Red Robin in Bellevue Square

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That's the one problem I have with Macs... game compatibility (or lack thereof)!! Oh, and mice with only one button. That bites. But, I think I saw a two-buttoned mouse for Macs some months back, so maybe that's changed now. I do loooovvveee the transluscent look of most of their 'puters, though. I like to see the guts inside.... I'm such a geek....! :mrgreen:

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    oooohh.... well that nixes that...

gotta say that (as my 5 button laser mouse gives me those sad puppy dog eyes look)

yep, i would never abandon my mouse!!

3. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My optical 3-buttoned mouse and I have been together for a long time. It's been attached to two desktops and one laptop. Very trusty little guy. *lovingly pat-pats mouse*

...did you say 5-buttoned mouse?! Dang, what do you do with all those buttons? Wait, give me a sec and I could probably come up with some uses....

4. Rickster

Rickster Junior Member

Whoa, off on a tangent. :) (Kinda makes me wonder how much of an overlap there is between Prius fans and Mac fans...)

Yeah, actually I work at a Mac software developer right next to U-Village, so I visit the Apple store there often. Oh, and any USB or Bluetooth mouse works with Mac OS X, so you can have as many buttons as you like (and you can probably keep your PC mouse if you switch).

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    button #1- standard left click

button #2- context menu or commonly known as standard right click

button #3- located on scroll wheel is "maximize"

button #4- located on left side is "alt-tab"

button #5- located on right side is "close"

realize of course that each button is programmable and my selections were chosen because of personal research i have done into what was the most commonly used commands.

it takes about a sec to change the programming of the buttons and the middle button or scroll wheel button is sometimes set to "shift+enter" for certain tasks.

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I will give up my Mac when they pry my one button mouse from my cold dead fingers. That is my position, even if you "might" find a two button mouse with a scroll wheel somewhere in the house maybe, just to play Neverwinter Nights, maybe. Don't tell Steve, Pleaeeese. Mac owner since February 29 1984.

7. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    On a side bar of Mac and Prius owners. Feels the same as late 1984/early '85, sadder gun out making a modem cable for the Mac so one could get on the CompuServe board for Mac users. Anyone remember RedRyder! Those were the days. These are the days. I refer you to Yogi Berra. Deja Vue all over again.

8. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    There are both Macs and PCs at Atomic Hobby. None of the Macs have OS X, and I fight them every time I have use them. I find em to be awkward to use, and the one-button mice are inefficiant. If they had OS X (which I DO like, and doesn't give me fits) I would put a two-button mouse into them, now that I know you can do that. Oh how I wish they had OS X.... *sigh*