1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VOTE?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by huskers, Nov 7, 2006.

1. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I voted at about 8am. They used electronics for the first time in that voting place. Last time a person was talking on their cell phone while voting (before I was told to turn my cell off). When I mentioned it, one of the people running the poll said they told her to keep her voice down. :blink:

I was listening to The Great Gildersleeve on XM on the way to work. It was an election episode and Gildersleeve didn't want to vote because of the rain (plus he was low on his gas ration). It wasn't until an immigrant deliveryman told him how happy he as to be able to vote for the first time in his life that Gildersleeve realized the importance of voting. He ended up picking up people, even though he knew they'd be voting for other candidates.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yes.

Then again...it was a Diebold machine so who knows.

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Nov 7 2006, 09:59 PM) [snapback]345244[/snapback]</div>
    In that case he "voted" for the Republicans of the machine's choice.

4. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(San_Carlos_Jeff @ Nov 7 2006, 04:14 PM) [snapback]345145[/snapback]</div>
    Ditto, in Ohio, police officers have been able to vote absentee for quite a few years. Now, anyone can. I voted about 3 weeks ago. (Bummer, so far 2 of my guys lost)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Nov 7 2006, 05:25 PM) [snapback]345184[/snapback]</div>

Because people would either shop or stay home and watch sports. When are we going to learn that voting is already so easy that anyone who WANTS to vote...can.

5. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I got back on the 27th but did not go through my mail too thoroughly right away. I put my voters pamphlet aside as I knew where I was going on the bigger issues and figured to vote only on the stuff that I had time to review.

When I looked at my pamphlet for the polling place it said that I was a "permanent absentee voter". I have never voted absentee and had not recieved or voted on an absentee ballot. My mom is an absentee voter and no, our names are not the same. So I got the old paper provisional ballot and was treated like I was somewhere between an airhead or a criminal. Guess I'll be talking to the registrars office soon.

6. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Angelus @ Nov 7 2006, 12:18 PM) [snapback]345178[/snapback]</div>
    They don't require ID here either. I went in to vote but forgot my voting sheet and said "aww-shoot" and turned to go back out to my car to get it. One of the polling staff people called out to me that if I was going back out to get my ID I didn't need it. That stopped me dead in my tracks, I turned and with a smile said to him "I know! I already voted 4 times today and none of them wanted an ID either!" When I got back they still didn't ask for an ID but they asked me every question they could think of to confirm who I was and where I lived and then asked it again just to double check. LOL! :lol:

Wildkow