1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VSC, ABS, Brake Light, Exclamation in Circle and Parentheses

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by SSimon, Oct 26, 2021.

1. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi All,

Can anyone advise of the reasons my '06 Prius with almost 200,000 miles would continue to give a high pitched warning alarm and cause the captioned lights to light up? The speedometer part of the dash (all lights in green) were also flickering. Toyota thinks it's a bad DC-DC converter in the inverter. Any other ideas?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Did Toyota read trouble codes from the car yet? If so, did they tell you what the codes were?

All of the lights you are talking about are controlled by the brake ECU. It has a couple hundred different reasons it can light them. Normal procedure is to ask it for the trouble codes explaining why it turned the lights on. (Not all of those couple hundred codes also trigger the alarm beep.)

If you don't have a scan tool to plug in to the car's diagnostic port, there is a fallback method where you just jumper two of its pins with a short wire, and the codes get blinked out on the dash lights, and you just watch the blinks and count.

Then you can post the codes here and people will be more able to help.

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    After reading the codes in mind I have right rear wheel something problem whatever's back there and something similar in the front before I didn't have these codes in the lights were on I thought the ABS pump was going bad but apparently it must be because of these two wheel sensors or whatever they may be just dirty and can't see the what they need to see I will inspect soon

SM-A715F ?