1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VSC light, (!) light and Red Triangle of Death; P3000 code

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by 2007priuslol, Jun 30, 2021.

1. 2007priuslol

2007priuslol New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a problem with my 2007 T4 prius. I have already changed the Hybrid Battery ECU and I have tested all the battery cells' voltage, which are all the same or very close. The oil on the car is at good level, I have changed it and the filter + Transmission fluid, the coolant is at ok level aswell. When I turn on the car at morning, the lights on the dashboard are off, but when I have driven the car for about 30 minutes, meaning it is warm, the lights on the dash turn on, this happens everytime, after 5 hours of driving, when I floor the car, it has a later response to acceleration, which wasn't like before when you would accelerate the car. I have cleaned the connectors on the battery, I think that the problem is not the battery. Can someone recommend something to do to solve the problem?
    I have attached a image to show the dashboard on my prius.
    My Prius is at about 200k miles and is still running but there are these problems and I wish to fix them

Attached Files:

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You should check if your inverter pump is working. Open the inverter coolant reservoir and see if the coolant is moving rapidly when your car is "READY".

You can also read the codes to determine what the car is reporting.

SFO likes this.
  3. 2007priuslol

2007priuslol New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks, I'll check and then give you an update

4. 2007priuslol

2007priuslol New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Coolant is moving rapidly when the car is ready and the code I have is the p3000

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The P3000 code logged by the HV ECU means that the HV ECU has received reports that there are codes in the Battery ECU.

That means the important thing to do next is post what the trouble codes are in the Battery ECU. If the scan tool you are using shows you the P3000 but doesn't show you what Battery ECU codes are responsible for it, then a scan with a better tool is needed.

Some people do look at the P3000 code's fortune cookie (something like "battery control system malfunction") and go straight to replacing the battery ECU, but what the code really means is usually that the battery ECU did its job and reported some issue. Replacing the battery ECU for that is usually a case of shooting the messenger.