1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VXDiag Nano Issues in Win10

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by andreimontreal, Aug 3, 2020.

1. andreimontreal

andreimontreal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got time to fiddle with VXDiag nano (bought a while ago) and when I try to crack Techstream in Win10, I manage to run the patch - Toyota Launcher.exe- as an Admin, it runs I see that Toyota pic, but then nothing happens.

At some point I opened Techstream and it said I had 3 days until I had to introduce the activation key. I reinstalled and that went away. Anybody who've done this knows what I can do? Will try some more and will email the seller too.

Running Techstream15.

2. andreimontreal

andreimontreal Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    SOLVED: Set-up Techstream as usual until it asks you for the Serial Key AND then always open Techstream using Toyota Launcher.exe

The long one in case you didn't get it:

First of all, I went to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall > Turn Windows Defender Firewall On and Off (left side menu) AND turned everything off. The Toyota Launcher.exe will be identified as a trojan otherwise and you won't be able to run it.

Techstream 15 installed - fresh install, copied Toyota Launcher.exe in the Bin folder for Techstream (see tutorial) , VX Manager installed and updated VXDiag dongle to date.

Now, technically Toyota Launcher.exe should open Techstream and you should do the Techstream set-up - company info, location etc. That's what the VX Diag tutorial tells you to do. But in my case it did nothing. I saw the Toyota picture/logo on grey and they it closed and nothing else. SO:

I opened Techstream from the original exe icon shortcut on desktop and did the set-up filling the boxes exactly like in the tutorial (enter the same numbers and whatnot - I think it matters for the crack) until it asked me for the Product Key. CLOSED Techstream. Then went into the Bin folder of Techstream where you're supposed to copy Toyota Launcher.exe and double clicked it again and now it should open Techstream after a few seconds. Now you can see 2d23h59m in the left corner, no key is required and you can connect to your car. Always use Toyota Launcher.exe to launch the program. Delete the original icon shortcut on your desktop and make a new one based on the launcher exe. I hope this helps you.

The End.

PS: btw turn on your Win Firewall Defender after you're done. Toyta Launcher.exe will work after that. If Defender still bothers you, then add the .exe as an exception, go to defender and search the warning and tell the program to leave that .exe alone.