1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

W coming around?

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by triphop, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pault842 @ Sep 20 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]322176[/snapback]</div>
    Talk to the indigenous folks in Alaska who are wondering why their villages are sinking as the permafrost thaws out........"computer models" aren't the only source of data here. There has been a continuous and increasing regression of ice caps everywhere, from the Arctic, Antarctic, Mt. Kilamanjaro, etc. (you name the glacier or ice field, and I'll bet it's retreating, and faster than ever recorded.) Scientist you may be, but, with due respect, I think you need to do your homework.

2. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob Allen @ Oct 1 2006, 07:12 PM) [snapback]326678[/snapback]</div>
    You need to be careful with your wording. Making a heartfelt statement like "you name the glacier or ice field, and I'll bet it's retreating..." gets your point across to believers. HOwever, non-believers will search worldwide and find one puddle of a glacier that is not getting smaller and they will cite that at 'evidence' that you are all wrong and then discredit your whole argument, and by association discredit the whole of GW, and then they will talk that puddle up to everyone that is like minded to them, and again by association place you in a political camp they disagree with, and brand that whole camp as liars. The thinking patterns of an uneducated, non-caring, self-centered populace are dangerous and rigid.