1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WA Area PriusChat members Needed!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DaveinOlyWA, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL! :D Yes, they use pure cane sugar instead of that sweetened syrup stuff that we use. As a result, the pepsi is lighter and less syrup-like. The taste is different too, as a result. I like it better.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok star condense to two places and add street addresses so i can do some recon also since we have about a month.

then we'll add the Red Robin at Bellevue Square and have a vote. the Red Robin if ones are unaware is good in that it has covered parking (from the inside looking out it looks more like the airport than a mall.) and the Red Robin has outdoor seating and decent food, great variety. and plus you can go shopping. Bellevue Square is HUGE!! they have nearly everything.

after the vote, we can pinpoint two possible dates and then Danny has asked that we publish any meetings in the announcement calendar which is cool. that way people and visitors that might have missed these threads can go to a central location to look for events that they can attend. i figure guests are fine as long as they dont park next to my Prius.

3. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Scenario One
    Where: park in the Larry's Market lot (lots of space, and normally not crowed, unlike Red. Town Center's open-air lot & garage). Larry's lot will also get our Prii noticed much better than a parking garage will since we'll be seen from the road and anyone coming into the lot.

What: get food from Larry's Market and walk over to Anderson Park to picnick in the shade, or go eat at any of the resterantes at Redmond Town Center (which is conveniently located across the street from Larry's), or eat at Dairy Queen (this month's Blizzard of the Month is most yummy. During my recon, I tested this out. It was part of my "research"). Or you could eat at McDonalds, if that's your burger joint of choice. There are places to sit at and BS in Red. Town Center (can see a movie there too), but they might be pretty sunny and hot. Anderson Park is not a far walk (walking never killed anybody, anyway) and is pretty much 97% shade, so we won't die of heat stroke if we go there to sit and BS (regardless of our choice to eat in a resterante or picnick). You can also park at Anderson if you prefer there instead since it'll be shaded unlike at Larry's Market.

Offers the greatest choice of things to do since it's a central location within Redmond. DQ's address: 16989 Redmond Way, Redmond; link to mapquest directions. Larry's Market address: 7320 170th Ave NE, Redmond; link to mapquest directions. Redmond Town Center address: NE 74th Street, Redmond; link to mapquest directions.

Scenario Two
    Where: XXX Burger in Issaquah! Damn-good burger joint that often hosts vintage car shows. It's perfect. (yes i know that's not in Redmond...but i had to throw this in anyway)

What: Go over to Gilman Square on (shockingly! lol) Gilman Blvd and wander around the cool shops. Can also eat there too if you want. All sorts of places to eat, all of em really good. I recommend the Afghan resterante or the Greek one, but there's also a BBQ place that has REALLY good bottled Pepsi imported from Mexico. Best pop I ever had. There are other places to eat too, for those not liking these choices.

Not in Redmond, but offered another good variety of things to do. So now we have one park and one non-park. XXX Burger: corner of NE Gilman Blvd and Front St. North. Can't miss it, it's right there. Mapquest of the general Gilman Blvd
    area. I just used Wildfire BBQ as the target for mapquest to look for since it didn't seem to want to find XXX or Gilman Square, but Wildfire is in Gilman Square so that can guide you guys. Take the Front Street exit off I-90, and I think Gilman Blvd is to your right (putting XXX on your left, and Gilman Square down the road to your right). If any of that confuses anybody, let me know. Gilman Blvd has a variety of places to eat, so there's no push to eat at XXX, it's just a good landmark to orient yourselves with. Same with Wildfire BBQ. It's a highly visible driveway into Gilman Square.

4. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ooooh kayy cool

will start another thread that we can vote on.

please mention this vote to as many local members as you can as it seems not many of us know that the Wa chapter has started...

5. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Count me in. HUMU and I would be glad to drop in, schedules permitting.
    I have a nifty illuminated flower vase in the front lower cup holder that I'd like to show. VW shouldn't be the only car with flowers.
    Bob

6. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Illuminated vase? Now that's something I've got to see! You have alerted my Gadget Scense, and now it's pointed at HUMU's dash.

7. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    the more the merrier.

if anyone knows of someone who is just thinking about a Prius but cant decide, bring em... we aim to convert!!

8. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've got my best friend possibly talked into going. I've taught her how to recognise both the Classic and '04! I'm so proud of her...! :mrgreen: