1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wait or Buy?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by pshady, Aug 20, 2004.

1. chanterelle

chanterelle Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Pshady - as a matter of fact, I drove into Monterey Park from Stockton, and it took me 6 hours. I tried to vary my speed as some have suggested, and for the first 2/3 of the trip, kept in the slow lane behind some trucks, going between 50 and 65. then after about 4 hours, decided I wouldn't make back before 10 PM if I didn't pick up the pace (I left at 4), and I should vary the speed up, and then drove between 65 and 73 the last 2 hours. Made it to my Monterey Park at 9:55. It was Saturday, so I took the 5 all the way. No traffic!! :p

Mapquest said I could drive it in 5 1/2 hours.

I am actually just a stone's throw from Pomona, though.

2. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Classy is a good description. I like the brightness and reflectivity, very similar to an Audi/Mercedes/Porsche silver.

One thing, PLEASE take a tire pressure gauge along and trim the tires to 35FF/33RR (per factory spec) before leaving the dealership. It's the single most often overlooked PDI/PDS item. Afterward you can play with different pressures, but at least this way you'll have a good baseline to work with.

3. pshady

pshady New Member

chanterelle - be sure to sign up for the LA local club mailing list! Thanks for the info on your drive down, it'll allow me to gauge what time I'll be home for dinner! I can't believe I'll be picking up my baby tomorrow! :lol:

The more I see silver, the better I like it! I drove next to one yesterday for about 10 mins on local roads - in my silver Audi. I love the silver of my Audi, and I'll take some comparison pics of the two colors when I get a chance.

amped - thanks for the tip on the tire pressure (I gotta find mine).