1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Waiting, Hoping, Wanting My Prius IV

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mcamp52, Aug 10, 2009.

1. mcamp52

mcamp52 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    OK, I'm whining. It's been a long wait and the car I want still doesn't appear to be heading my way. But I'm going to stick to what I want. I'll have this car for a long time so it has to be "right."

I've had my eye on getting into a Prius IV for a very long time. Then back in March, my beloved 12-year old Volvo was rear ended and totaled. I had to get a car quick so I went to the toyota dealer and told them I wanted a 2010, but I'll buy a used 2005 and bring it back for a trade-in the second my 2010 comes on the lot. That's going on 4 months now and the 2010 still isn't showing up on the allocations through the end of August.:(

So tell me IV w/solar sunroof owners... is it worth the wait? I'm going to love my 2010 w/solar sunroof a whole bunch and I just have to be patient, right?

If you happen across a Prius 1227 in silver with misty gray interior and the solor sunroof option, I'll take it!

2. jestoy7

jestoy7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You live in the Toyota region called SET. They have a specific site for them: buyatoyota.com

Go there and go through each dealer and look at their allocations. Its painful, but I looked at all dealers within 3 hours from me until I found my exact car.

EDIT: Just did a quick search for you and found ONE in the whole SET!!! Don't pay attention to the Dealer name and Phone number, that is one I put in just to search. Call YOUR dealer and give him the last digits of the VIN so THEY can find out where its going.

Series:priusModel:1227 - Base/Gas Electric Sedan (CVT) 2WD Prius IVModel
    Year:2010
    Transmission:Continuously Variable Trans
    VIN:XXXXXXXXXXX026119
    Color:Classic Silver Metallic
    Interior:Misty Gray Leather
    Available:08/13/09
    Dealer Name:Toyota Of OrlandoDealer
    Phone:407-298-4500

[​IMG] View Video Gallery View Image Gallery
    Email This Page

Email:

[​IMG] Paste link in IM or Email

Pricing*

MSRPBase$25,800Options$4,866Manuf, Delv, Proc & Hndlg$775Subtotal$31,441Dealer Fees$698.50Total$32,140View Disclaimer*
    Estimated Payments

60 Months Purchase$593Assumes 10.0% down payment, 8.5% APR48 Months Lease$395Assumes 10.0% down paymentChange Estimated Payments are based on MSRP. Lease and payment rates do not include applicable taxes.

Fuel Economy Information

These estimates reflect new EPA methods beginning with 2008 models.
    MPG City**
    51 Estimated
    Annual Fuel Cost
    $570.00 based on 15,000 miles at $1.90 per gallon Combined Fuel Economy This Vehicle 50 MPG Hwy*

Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle. *Expected range for most drivers 40 to 56 mpg

**Expected range for most drivers 43 to 59 mpg www.fueleconomy.gov Click here for Government Crash Ratings
    [​IMG]

Options Installed - View Image Gallery

Fuel Surcharge $050 State Emissions-FEAT $0Rear bumper protector-BP30 $99Carpet Mats and Trunk Mat-PV50 $219Solar Roof Package:-SRAT $3,600
    • Tilt/slide Moonroof with Solar-Powered Ventilation System and Remote Air Conditioning System
    • Voice-activated Touch-screen DVD Navigation System with JBL AM/FM/MP3 4 disc CD Changer
    • Eight Speakers
    • Integrated Satellite Radio Capability
    • Hands free phone Capability and Music Streaming Via Bluetooth Wireless Technology
    • and Backup Camera
    • Navigation System comes XM Nav Traffic Ready
    6-Gallons of Gas-UF60 $0Window Tint-TW50 $249Toyoguard Plus Protection Group-XY70 $699
    • Roadside Assistance Program
    • No Charge for First Oil and Filter Change at any Southeast Toyota Dealership
    • Vehicle VIN Etch Glass Product Protection Program
    • Exterior Paint Sealant, Undercoating and Interior Protection Application
    • Rental Car Assistance for Warranty Repairs
    Standard Features of this Vehicle

Mechanical
    1.8L DOHC 16V VVT-i 4-Cylinder Engine - 15" Aly Whls w/Cvrs & P195/65R15 Tires - 4-Whl Disc Brakes / Front Ind Suspension - Electric Power Steering (EPS) - Hybrid Synergy Drive System, AT-PZEV
    Safety
    3-Point Seatbelts w/ALR/ELR Pass Belts - Dr & Fr Pass Advanced Airbag System - Dr & Fr Pass Seat Mounted Side Airbags - Dr & Fr Passenger Active Headrests - Eng Immobilizer, Tire Press Monitor Sys - LATCH(Lwr Anchor & Tethers for Children) for Outboard Rear Seating Positions Only - Side Curtain Airbags & Dr Knee Airbag - Star Safety System includes: Enhanced Vehicle Stability Ctrl w/TRAC Anti-Lock Brakes w/ EBD & Brake Assist
    Exterior
    Clr-Kyd Foldable Pwr Heated Outside Mrrs - Front Variable & Rear Intermittent Wiper - Projector-Beam Halogen Headlamps w/Auto- Off Feature and HSD Blue Accents - Rr Deck Spoiler, HSD Blue Accent Badges
    Comfort and Convenience
    3 Dr Smart Key & Leather Seats & Str Whl - 6-Way Adj Driver Seat w/Power Lumbar - 60/40 Split Fold-Down Rear Bench Seat w/ Fold-Dn Ctr Armrest & Adj Hdrests - Auto Climate Ctrl Sys w/Plasmacluster - Center Console w/Sliding Armrest/Storage Compartment & Dual Front Cup Holders - Cruise Control, Instant MPG Meter - Dual Glove Box & (2)12V Pwr Outlets - EV/Eco/Pwr Modes & Touch Tracer Display - Htd Fr Sts, Autodim Rrvw Mrr w/Homelink - JBL AM/FM/MP3 6-Disc CD Chgr w/8 Spks, Integrated Sat Radio/Ant (Req Subscr), Bluetooth Wireless Tech & Aux Audio Jack - Multi-Information Display w/ Trip Info - Pwr Locks & Pwr Windows w/Auto Up/Down - Rmte Keyless Entry & Push Button Start - Tilt/Telescopic Steering Whl w/Controls
    Unclassified

Footnote

3. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I feel like my guardian angel works so hard for me. I was going to wait for a while but when I drove past my dealer and saw those IV's on his lot I just could not pass it up. Now you can barely find one. I'm glad I did not wait. You are going to love your IV when you get it.

4. HeyVern

HeyVern New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

The buyatoyota.com site prompts for a zip code, dealer name, or city and returns less than a dozen dealer names. How are you seeing ALL of the SET dealers?

Edit! Never mind. I see what you are doing. I was hoping for a way of finding the dealer a particular car was destined for without having to call a dealer.

5. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Edit: Just saw Silver with Misty gray. I have a beige with beige inbound without a name on it.

6. MaggieMay

MaggieMay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It is worth the wait and you are going to LOVE it and you may have to be patient and you may have to do a bit of work to find one. You'll be happy you did!

7. vinonut

vinonut New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Geez, looks like I got in just before the big rush. Had mine for almost a month now, and love it! I ordered it through Autoland - they work along w/my CU, and do the searching, so I didn't have go to a dealer at all!

8. alohabailey

alohabailey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Try the inventory at Jim Barkley Toyota in North Carolina. :) Goodluck
    They are great and NO Toyoguard!

9. TracyJ

TracyJ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I feel the same way you do mcamp although i haven't been waiting as long. i put a deposit down at the end of june after weeks of looking for a dealer i wanted to work with. the mall of ga was the best and they offer an unlimited years and unlimited mileage warranty for free so i'm waiting.... and waiting and waiting for my IV Blizzard Pearl with Dark Gray interior and Solar Package. they can't seem to find the Dark gray.

I know it will be worth it and if it doesn't come by next month, i just may have to see about shipping one in from California. Dianne seems to get one or two every month. You could always check her inventory under the Dealers and Pricing forum. Good Luck to both of us.

10. jestoy7

jestoy7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I wonder what happened to the OP? Did he ever get this car?

11. HeyVern

HeyVern New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a deposit with Jim Barkley for a III or IV w/SR and they tell me 2-3 months minimum wait since they have a waiting list for all SR. I did find 3 IV's (one red and two blue) at two different MA dealers but that is a long way to drive.

12. nemrut

nemrut New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    As much I like my Prius from the engineering, design to fit/finish, at the end of the day, it's still just a car that serves a useful purpose.

In the best of all worlds, cars would be an unnecessary mode of transportation.