1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Waiting in Seattle

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Preus, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Preus

Preus :)

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Put $500 down with dealer in Kent on a Prius thru the Costco auto buying program the 3rd week of May.
    Wait was quoted as 4-16 weeks.

Interested in hearing experiences from others in the area.

2. adhd

adhd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    not in your area. I waited 4 weeks, got mine 2 weeks ago, the longer I have had it the more I like it. Waiting is NO FUN, but delay gratification, it is worth it

Memphis, Tennessee

3. Aunty Den

Aunty Den New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We put our $500 deposit down for package #3 on May 24th at Toyota of Puyallup. We just found out today that we are #17 on the overall list but #3 for a package #3. The dealer told me that they had stopped the special pricing through the Costo program. Today I saw more Prius' going to & from work than I have ever seen before.

4. steevr

steevr New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    No more Costco pricing here in Chicago either. Put $500 down on a Magnetic Gray #6 (don't care if it's a base or Touring). 3-4 month wait is what I was told.

5. Joekc

Joekc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I attempted to buy through the Costco program last November in Kansas City and the dealer just used it to try to screw me over. This was when there was an ample supply of Prii in the area. I went to another dealer and got a good deal outside of the Costco "deal." I like Costco, but as I saw it work out here, it's just a scam. :mad:

6. Preus

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Surprised to hear that a dealer, that's part of the Costco program, was out of line. Costco assured me that they are very interested in member feedback and that every dealer must first demonstrate a high commitment to customer satisfaction before Costco will accept them into their auto program.

I encourage everyone with issues, questions or praise to call 1-800-801-9806 and let Costco know how the dealer is treating you. I've talked with their member advocacy department to ask general questions about the Prius situation recently, and found them very knowledgeable and helpful. I was told that if a member is having issues with a dealer not living up to the Costco agreement, Costco will take action, on the member's behalf, to resolve the issue; which may also lead to dropping the dealer from the program.
    Member feedback is very important!
    Thanks!

7. Aunty Den

Aunty Den New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I don't if there is any truth to this but when I was shopping around for my 2007 Camry 2 years ago I asked the dealers if they praticipated in the Costco pricing program. All but one said yes. The dealer that said no stated that they just match the Costco price and the reason they did not belong to the program is because dealers have to pay a fee to belong.

8. Preus

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    This appears to be correct. A Costco rep told me that the dealer pays a fee to participate in the auto program while explaining the current Prius situation in relation to the Costco auto program.

9. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i waited 6½ months for my first Pri. 4 weeks for the 2nd (had someone back out at last second) 3 people in front of me declined because of color which was my first choice SPM... so got lucky. that was in Sept 06 when demand was nothing compared to now.

around here, there has never been a glut of Pri's for sale.

10. Leasa

Leasa New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just bought mine a little less than a month ago. Love it!!! I waited 2 days for it to come up from Oregon...no wait list that I know of. I signed right there before I even drove it. I have wanted one for awhile. I just took what they had coming, no choices and was told of the long wait if I did choose. I was lucky they had a stage 3 in white coming and that is what I wanted anyway.

All the other soccer moms want one too when they hear about the gas mileage. I guess there are 4 or 5 at Magic Toyota in Edmonds. They are a bit more spendy than what I paid though ($25,000) but they look like they may be package 6. I am getting the after market leather for $1200 next week. Fabric just feels cheap to me, but then my other car is a fully loaded 2007 Escalade so I guess it would. Everything else is great, it is a fun car to drive to. I am very happy with NO REGRETS whatsoever!!!!

Good Luck to you, it will be worth the wait!

11. Joekc

Joekc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I did all the feedback, etc to Costco.

Here's where the dealer gets you: trade-in. Sure, they'll show you the invoice, etc. and give you a deal, but they get you on the other end. I took my trade-in to another local dealer and they doubled the offer on my trade-in, from $2000 to $4000. They also came off the Prius price a bit. Altogether I walked away with $2500 more than I would have if I'd taken the deal from Costco. I had a good idea of the value of my trade and knew the Costco dealer was way off base. So beware. The dealer can give with one hand and take with the other.

P.S. I do not mean to trash Costco in any way. They are my favorite store and an excellent corporate citizen.

12. Preus

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Counted 15 on the road to work today.
    Our dealer has an allotment due in any day...maybe there's one in this shipment for us.

13. MsDaisy

MsDaisy Goddess of Green-land

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I have also benefited from no one wanting the SPM. My dealer had one scheduled to come in around 6/23 in SPM with package 6, bisque letter and some extras like tinted windows and XM radio that no one had reserved. I was a little hesitant about the color since I had only seen the pictures on the Toyota website and I wasn't totally sold on it. But I went for it and I will be getting mine any day now after waiting just 2 weeks. Now I have seen several SPM's in living color and I love the color now. I'm still not sure that the SPM would have been my very first choice, but I am happy with it.

14. misslexi

misslexi Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    FWIW, I bought mine used from the Volvo dealer in Southcenter but I've been very pleased with the service I've received at Bob Bridge where you have your deposit.

Highly recommended for parts and service.

ps. I'm not affiliated with the dealership in any way other than as a customer.

15. JollyGreen77

JollyGreen77 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I purchased my seaside blue Prius package 2 from Michaels in Bellevue. Got on the list Memorial Day weekend and took delivery on June 10. Hassle-free. No phoney surcharges. I lucked out. The exact color/package I wanted was inbound when I signed up. I knew approx how long it was going to be. After Memorial Day the dealership told me the wait went from about three weeks to over three months. If you are less picky with a color/package combination you will likely get your car much faster. If you hold out for the exact combination you will have to wait until the make a production run of that color/combo in Japan. You will need to determine for yourself if your preferences are worth the wait. BTW... my wife and I LOVE our Prius.

16. unibridgeman

unibridgeman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    We got on the list a week ago. We are signed up for a Prius, Prius Touring, #5 or #6, Black, Red, Spectra Blue, Gray, or Driftwood. Told 6 + months. The Deattle dealer is no longer taking Costco sales -- why should he. He had 22 Prius' on the lot and sold them all in 10 days.

17. PearlDriver

PearlDriver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I bought mine using edmunds.com and getting email from three dealers in Seattle area. Bob Bridge in Renton was no BULL. I'll go there again for my next Prius. John Stone was my salesman. He was slightly more than the edmunds "What others are paying" and quickly dropped below that. I haven't talked to him lately to find out how his stock is but they are straight forward.

When I was looking "Foothills Toyota" had the most cars on lot so try them. They are north of Mt. Vernon in Burlington.

18. Sarah S

Sarah S New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Re: Waiting in Seattle/Costco Pricing

I lucked out and got my Prius on 6/11/08. Ordered it 5/28/08- placed a $500 deposit with Olympia Toyota, $500 with Heartland Toyota of Bremerton, and had to drive up to Toyota of Seattle to give them a copy of my driver's license (but no deposit??). Seattle said 4 weeks, Bremerton and Olympia both said 8-12. I had package #3 1st choice, #2 as 2nd choice, with four different colors acceptable (SPM, Barcelona Red, Magnetic Grey, Driftwood Pearl). Bremerton was the only dealer that came up on the Costco website. On 6/05, Bremerton called to say my Prius was shipping out from Japan. On 6/11, they called to say it was in! I found out when I got there and my salesmen showed me their waiting list, that they keyed in my order date as 5/02/08, so I guess that's how I lucked out. I paid $250 under MSRP (Costco pricing), which came out to $25,390 for package #3, no add-ons. Still haven't heard from Seattle, but it hasn't been a month yet. Olympia refunded my deposit as soon as I called them, so no problem there. I'm still on the waiting list with Seattle; haven't cancelled only because my mother-in-law is considering trading in her gas guzzling V8 Cadillac on a Prius so I figured I'd stay on there for now. But hey, if they call and she doesn't want it, somebody else can have it!

19. Aunty Den

Aunty Den New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We got on the list & gave our $500 deposit on May 24th at Toyota of Puyallup. Package #3, Magnetic Grey, Seaside Pearl or Barcelona Red. We were told 8-12 weeks wait. Our dealer call yesterday and our car will be delivered early next week, Magnetic Grey. $25,500 as quoted when we got on the list. I spoke to Bob Bridge a week or two ago and they said their wait is 4-6 months. Doxon Toyota said 12-16 week wait.

20. Tammy7287

Tammy7287 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Have you contacted Doxon Toyota in Auburn? That's where I got mine on May 12th. Only waited 3 business days to get it.