1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Waiting List

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TonySoCal, Aug 2, 2004.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have a a couple of questions for Dianne if she can answer them. I was told that the distribution of Prii is dependent on prior sales of Prii, the more the dealer has sold historically, the more they get. Is this true? Second a pet theory of mine that you can shoot down. Do fleet sales ie to State or other volume buyers count in distribution or is that entirely separate? The reason I ask is that both of the dealers I talked to were in State Capitals. Both states have a fleet of Prii. Both dealers seem to be getting a fair number of cars. My theory is that if fleet sales go through dealers and are counted toward distribution of this scarce commodity, then rural state Capitals should have more cars. The wait list in Olympia is long because it is a "greenish" area and there is a lot of interest in green cars period. Add on gas milage pressure and it has a fair wait list. Helena has a shorter wait list. It is a lot less green. It may be one of the more liberal cities in Montana but over all it is a fairly conservative state, therefor less buying pressure.

2. wacko999

wacko999 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    5 1/2 months on the waiting list for a car that was supposed to be here 10-14 weeks after I put down my deposit.
    I'm getting cranky... :x :x

3. Dianne

Dianne New Member

That is how it is supposed to be, yes. Allocations are based on earned sales in prior years. Fleet deals and special regional delivery vehicles do not improve a store's retail allocation. I wish -- I sold over 150 cars to EVRentals in 2002 and 2003. If it had affected my allocations, I'd have had more cars than I knew what to do with!

Di

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    So much for that theory. Well that is the way of a theory. Make'm, Test'm Discard'm (at least in my case). But it is good to have a new piece of data. Leads to new theories. Hummm

5. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Must be the one I rented July 2003 at LAX came from you then! So, in a sense, Dianne got me a Prius too ;-)