1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Waiting on my '13 Wagon to get here

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by tbearprius, Mar 9, 2022.

1. tbearprius

tbearprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Any idea who the dealer was? Have searched. Also see new batteries from Greentec with a 4 year warranty.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Several members bought new oem last month from a group of Florida dealers. It was a sale that may be over or sold out. The point is the dealer price has margin which you might take advantage of.

The greentec batteries have had a bit of bad press over the years. Either the "new" cells were a used "new generation" cell or the new cells were aftermarket cylinders like newpriusbatteries.com but with less capacity. I would get new a)Toyota rectangular or b) projectlithium.com lithium or c) newpriusbatteries.com cylinders.

3. tbearprius

tbearprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Interesting. I searched online for OEM battery packs and a lot of the sites said discontinued.

Thanks for info, I was wondering where the "new" batteries were coming from. Sounds like they weren't really new.

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Toyota and the others just provide the cells/modules. Someone has to tear down the battery assembly and swap the cells. Often bus bars and some cables are included. This is why Toyota quotes six hours labor. I am sure most experienced techs can do it in two hours or less. Actually removing and reinstalling the assembly is relatively easy. I have seen it done in thirty minutes on a v wagon, which is easier than a hatchback. Toyota is unlikely to sell the modules online but I am sure they are available.

5. tbearprius

tbearprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Looks like the Toyota assembly is $2k plus tax. Seems easier to just swap fan, etc. from old pack to new than rebuilding a new battery with lithium ones. May go that route.