1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wal-Mart Hits Teens with Gay Sex How-To Manual

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Dec 24, 2006.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Dec, 08:52 AM) [snapback]367672[/snapback]</div>
    I assume you and everyone else in the class were above the age of consent at the time.

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Dec 27 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]367396[/snapback]</div>
    See, the problem is, according to the homosexual community, "not discourage" = "against homosexuality".

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 28 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]367709[/snapback]</div>
    Doesn't seem like a problem to me.

Why would you want to discourage another person from the full expression of their humanity?

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As the parent of two teenage girls, I would consider this book to be essential information. It's a little graphic, maybe, but it gets the point across. Better they learn by reading than the hard way. Keep it out of the hands of minors? 'Minors' wrote it. And of course, none of us ever had sex before it was 'legal', did we? :)

5. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Dec 28 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]367752[/snapback]</div>
    It isn't.

Problem is, every homosexual I've dealt with, either here on PC or in real life, have an extremely pro-active stance where mere tolerance and acceptance just aren't enough. Case in point, that grade school book controversy where, apparently, there are two "Princes" involved. The argument goes that somehow, the omission of such equates directly to intolerance and bigotry, which is pure nonsense. My argument, which most homosexuals find offensive, is that it IS absolutely OK to NOT like homosexuality, the idea thereof, or any other aspect of it. Tolerance does NOT equate to bigotry. I don't like even the idea of it, big deal, I'd never hold my dislike against someone in any way shape or form, and actually think, at least two of them for which I've gotten to know in real life, are pretty cool guys. I don't see the transgendered folks, or any other segment of the non-hetero/homo crowd screaming to get into 2nd grade storybooks... :rolleyes:

6. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 28 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]367767[/snapback]</div>
    Remember, please, that tolerence is NOT the same as acceptance, either.

And think of all the kids who DO come from non-traditional families; it DOES hurt (and I would assert, causes lasting emotional discord, too) to have every book have a Mommy and a Daddy...when some kids may have only one, or two of either.

I know what you're alluding to regarding the vehemence of some homosexual rights groups, and I find myself torn by the issue, to be honest with you.

On one hand, I don't think it helps the dialogue one bit to piss people off with extreme viewpoints...but on the other, sometimes we do have to be vocal, too.

I think that the best way to quell the push for equality for homosexuals would be for the folks who wish to supress it (not to mention tolerence and acceptance), to cease from attempting to do so.

"Freedom is never granted by the oppressors...it is only taken by the oppressed." --M.L.K. Jr.

Oh, and regarding transgendered folks, the reality is for them that some lesbian and gay rights groups DON'T want to include them. since they fear that furthering "true" lesbian and gay issues would be hindered by including concerns for gender orientation and expression.

The unemployment rate for transfolk in California is 85% (you read this correctly); they're WAY too consumed with trying to stay alive to even have the clout to stand up for themselves.

7. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Dec 27 2006, 08:58 PM) [snapback]367531[/snapback]</div>
    Except for polygamist Mormon sects, which encourage and practice it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Dec 28 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]367759[/snapback]</div>
    I'm leery of any book that features unprovable (and likely preposterous) claims such as that only 10% of females are "naturally" hetero---no matter how much I'm in sympathy with straightforward, fearless sex education.

It's simply a matter of credibility. My mindset then says, "If they'll mislead about this, what else will they mislead or lie about?"

The intent may be noble, and we may admire the fact that teen gays themselves want to bring the subject into the light of day, BUT...let's do it "right".

8. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I must admit I find the 10% figure a little suspect. I don't know the sample size or the population, nor do I know what questions were asked to get that figure. I do know things have changed in a big way since I was in high school, at least with the kids. The controversy among the parents is nothing new, and most of them have no idea what their little darlings are up to. Even if the book isn't 100% accurate, or doesn't align perfectly with my perceptions of reality, it's still a good thing, even if all it does is foster some discussion.

9. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Dec 28 2006, 05:34 PM) [snapback]367775[/snapback]</div>
    Let's look at those terms:

(quick and dirty from dictionary.com)

Tolerance:

1. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.

Acceptance:

1. the act of taking or receiving something offered.
    2. favorable reception; approval; favor.
    3. the act of assenting or believing: acceptance of a theory.
    4. the fact or state of being accepted or acceptable.

Well, I think within any group, there are the more ardent "noisemakers", kind of like the radical anti-(insert cause here folks), who set themselves on fire, or stab themselves to make a point. Unfortunately, the attention they garner, tends to be negative. Or, kind of what 9/11 did to Islam...

...in many ways, it's already happening. I think in 100 years or less, homosexual bigotry will be sort of like how pre-marital sex is viewed as today, simply no big deal, except to some small radical faction...

ahhaha great quote!

Now isn't that something?! Gay bigotry against the transgendered?!!! :lol: (sort of, I know it's not THAT funny...)

I'm so not surprised....

10. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Dec 27 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]367473[/snapback]</div>
    I think you bring up some very, very salient points.

I suspect that guys wish to have sexual relations with hot women, but prefer to settle down with someone whom they objectify a bit less and respect a bit more. So there's actually double standard here, in my opinion...we sort of have to serve two masters, if you will...which can be difficult.

Also, it was suggested somewhere that most parents don't know what the little ones are really up to. This has always been true; Catholic school girls have rolled their school skirts at the waist to make them shorter since the beginning of time, I think...

Honestly (and I know I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this) I think it comes down to money and laziness and entitlement.

It's painfully apparent (even in the more, ummmm, mature circles that I frequent) that some women think that their way through life should be paid for by a man, just because we're happen to be equipped with indoor (instead of outdoor) plumbing. And so the quest for the perfect physique and the skimpiest clothes to show it off begins...

Unfortuately, what's really exposed is the wearer's insecurity about themselves and their femininty. And lots of men are well attuned to desperation in a woman...and seize upon this readily.

Thing is, the woman sees it in an entirely different light: that she's attractive and by extension, worthwhile as a person. All based upon the caliber of guy she can attract.

And so the dysfunctional dynamic continues.

But, after all these years, we're running out of new areas of the female physique to show off...how much tighter and skimpier can clothes become? Like everything else in America, we're so into maximum instant gratification that we're getting to the point where (like a cocaine addict) we've oversimulated our pleasure centers and now find ourselves unable to be aroused by anything except the most over the top or extreme.

It's like the volume is turned up so loud already that we simply cannot assimilate anything more, no matter how pleasurable or intense it might be.

Well up the curve of diminishing returns.

Simply put, I'd humbly suggest that it's a time for moderation. Without that, the ills we're discussing and more like them will seemingly be provided with (if you'll pardon the metaphor) a fertile breeding ground.

11. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 28 2006, 04:35 PM) [snapback]367800[/snapback]</div>
    It's pretty amazing; sort of like Black people saying that their struggle for equality is legitimate, while the homosexual one is not...

No pain is little when it's yours, I suppose.

I think that, for a man, the only thing worse in this society than saying you're attracted to other men must be to say that, really, you've always --- at the core --- known you're really a woman(!)

More fodder for discussion...this smacks a bit of sexism to me (see THE CELLULOID CLOSET for a great depiction of how men who don't conform with the masculine ideals of the time were marginalized as "sissies" on screen and in live theater).

12. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Dec 28 2006, 08:52 AM) [snapback]367672[/snapback]</div>
    Did the Prof advise the members of the class and allow those with objections to opt out with alternate assignments? He wouldn't have to, but I think that would be something I do to be sensitive to those who might not want to have the images seared into their brain.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Dec 28 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback]367791[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't go back and read the excerpt again, but my recollection is that it doesn't present that as a fact. The author, in a conversational tone, says something like "Some even think that only 10% of women are truly heterosexual". It may be attributed to a specific person, like "Dr. Jones says that ..." but I think the quote is in that context.

By 14 or 15, a girl has already had to use her discernment to wade through all the misinformation from friends and society, so I suspect that statement won't be taken as a hard fact.

13. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Schmika~ does bring up some intresting questions.. B)

I love the stated fact "only 10 percent of the population is actually heterosexual, while 80 percent is "mixed" or bi-sexual"... Spoken by teens for teens, I guess they are telling us that it’s OK to be GAY or Bi-sexual even if they think they are straight. :rolleyes: Darn straight people. :angry: :lol:

Note this is not saying the female population, but at first glance one would think the population of people as a whole in canada or the world. Talk about misleading information! :rolleyes:

If you want to be Gay then do it, want to be Bisexual, Transgendered, a cross dresser? Fine then do it but don’t try and covertly turn someone that way, that may be confused let them figure it out on their own or with their parents help.... ;)

As an example, Read all the excerpts your self: http://www.canadianvalues.ca/warning_page_001.htm

I dun no it sure looks/sounds like someones trying to covertly brainwash them while their young & curious. & For GODS sake don't ask the Homophobic Parental units, they're just going to steer you away from the truth of who you really are in the 80% category.!
    Just read the BOOK it will answer all your questions, providing the 80% have a question. :huh:

What about the remaining 10% that is left out of the mix, are they the pedofiles? :blink: :mellow:

Hmmmmmm questions, questions :mellow:

What if you have two same sex teens say aged 12 that read the book and decide they want to become more than sisters or friends? Your gonna become the Homophobic parent that can't say anything as they are their own person (their freedom of will ) ... Then what?

14. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Dec 29 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]368234[/snapback]</div>
    Your use of the word "convert" (in reference to homosexuality) renders your argument meaningless.

Next...???

P.S.
    it ***IS*** okay to be L, it is okay to be G, it is okay to be B, and it is okay to be T. That's why it's okay to tell people that it is.

Shall we discuss intersex next?

15. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ahh thanks pinto I edited it to covert/brainwashing....

I wonder how many "girlz" are sewing the dental dams into their underwear?? :blink: I mean what the hell is that? :unsure: :mellow:

Again its fine with me that a person is g, b, t or cd, to each their own ... :)

But dont push it off on young teens that 80% of the pop is gay or bi, and only 10% are hetrosexual, could be misconstruded to be like peer pressure that they should join the 80% too. ( to me sounds like someone could be promoting an agenda). ;)

The examples I read seem to lean towards girl/girl relationships and girl/boy bisexual relationships are mentioned but the hetrosexual side is not mentioned much at all. (my take on the page).

I only saw one health expert listed & the stories lean towards lesbian & bi-sexual relationships..

Im guessing the girls that thought this up are bi or gay, due to the way its read. Again thats fine, but list the book as such, a book for girls about girl relationships or something. They do mention boys as a part of the Bisexual faze.

By the way, there is an age limit on the book it's Ages 14+/Grades 9+.

st. stephens house website:
    http://www.ststephenshouse.com/

16. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  17. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Dec 30 2006, 05:21 AM) [snapback]368558[/snapback]</div>
    Gee I guess it all depends on how each person reads the paragraph. I see its a stated theory and it makes perfect sence as an adult, but not to a child and yes I concider 14 a child..

18. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Dec 30 2006, 10:49 AM) [snapback]368644[/snapback]</div>
    Both of my daughters at 14 would have recognized that entire two page article as the opinion of a girl about that age. One thing about young people, we always underestimate them.

But, let's ask the question the article is answering: If a girl kisses another girl during sexual experimentation sometime before or during adolescence, are they "gay" for that one act? Must they then resign themselves to only dating other girls, because there is no chance that experimentation with the same sex could be anything other than evidence of homosexuality?

Think back about your own life at 8, 9, 10 and then as a young teen before you answer.

19. Shelbyn

Shelbyn New Member

This just another reason NOT TO SHOP AT WallMart!!

20. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Dec 30 2006, 07:26 PM) [snapback]368760[/snapback]</div>
    True~