1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wal - Mart Horror Stories

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Dr Ed

Dr Ed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wal-Mart does incredibly stupid things that really irk me, like locking up $15 beard trimmers but not locking up $60 dog trimmers. Go figure. I had a whole shopping cart full of stuff when I went into their forbidden "electronics department" to buy a monitor. I asked if I could pay for everything at the front main register rather than make two separate debit card purchases. The lady said, "No, electronics have to be purchased here to prevent theft." I said, "Do you really think a person could get out of the store with this heavy 3 ft x 3 ft box concealed?" She said, "Yeah, people hide things in their clothes." Wal-Mart functions under a business philosophy that was popular through the 1940's: Every customer is an idiot and every employee is a thief. Their business philosophy is pure capitalism and has totally bypassed the human relations/customer service paradigm that started evolving through corporate America in the 1950's. So, I have never and will never take my car to Wal-Mart for anything, not even an oil change. They're just too weird there.

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ Dec 23 2006, 08:33 PM) [snapback]366140[/snapback]</div>
    Walker1~
    The Q stands for 351 cobra jet, I did a Marti report on the car. The report shows the car came with a (280 hp) 351 cj w/4spd manual trans, deluxe int, ram air induction, a/c , am/fm radio, power windows, traction lock rearend & white power top.

The Matri reopt shows there where 125,000 mustangs made in 72, 6000 where convertibles and only 201 convertibles were ordered with the 4spd with the Q code eng. :)

Yeah I hope christ can do a better job than jeb.....

Happy holidays

3. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Dec 20 2006, 12:14 PM) [snapback]364659[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, employment at Wal-Mart figures prominantly into my retirement. I want to buy an RV and travel the country, gaining employment at Wal-Marts as a beligerent, old, door-greeter. I plan on being as lazy and obnoxious as possible, maybe even hauling up and sitting in a recliner from the furniture department, drinking a six-pack from the food department, and watching a wide-screen TV from electronics, while at the same time either ignoring or berating customers as they pass by.

Then, after I'm fired, I'll move on down the road to the next Wal-Mart, repeating the process as I make my way across the country.

4. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

5. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

7. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    [attachmentid=5991]

8. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I refuse to shop there.

We had a scandal here 2 years ago , Walmart was using a contractor for cleaning the stores... workers not paid any overtime or benefits and working 60 hours or more.....you can't tell me that they did not know what was going on
    ........not to mention the small business that have closed up........

9. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ Dec 24 2006, 12:00 AM) [snapback]366195[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah the 4cyls are quite impressive who would have ever thought you could squeeze out 200 - 300 hp from a 4 banger.. Bithlo Fl. is between Orlando Fl. & Cocoa Beach Fl on Hwy 50, the track name is Orlando Speed World. They do school bus races, motocross races, crash derbys, 1/4 mile races, ect. on thier property .

I think they've got like 50 acres or more, its a large complex..

I belive their web site is http://www.speedworlddragway.com/Streetnat...sResults01.html

And to stay on topic, theres a wal-mart 4 miles from speed world and as with most wal-marts you will find the red-neck flea market women dressed in things most people wouldnt be caught dead in, in public.

10. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ Dec 24 2006, 01:49 AM) [snapback]366219[/snapback]</div>
    In another thread I stated my reasons for being anti-union. However, Wal-Mart is a pretty good example of a company that NEEDS to be unionized.

11. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    The closest I get to horror stories about walmart is having to deal with their customers who pull right out in to traffic that is going 50 mph. I don't shop at walmart although I walked through one during its grand opening and kept wondering what the fuss was all about. :)