1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Walked in and bought one...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mr. Reaper, Sep 2, 2006.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rand Reed @ Sep 4 2006, 05:55 PM) [snapback]314249[/snapback]</div>

They will only mention a list if they are out or cannot sell you one of the ones they have at the moment.

All "the list" is is the list of the next cars they are expecting from overseas shipment.
    Most of the time they have only a vague idea of what they are getting until they hit the port.

2. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We bought ours on Aug 27 right off a dealer lot. I had called all the local San Diego dealers that day, and during the following week at least three of them called back and said they had vehicles in stock. It looks like they are using the list to keep customers but if you want one sooner, just call around!

3. Mr07touring

Mr07touring New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I had been chatting w/ the salesman about a Scion TC and noticed a Grey PRIUS out back and asked if it was sold (locally most are spoken for before they arrive) and if not, how about a test drive ? It wasn't - we did - I bought, Oct 27, 06 - very happy with a Touring - only option was floor mats.
    Expect winter to be interesting and next spring I'll get to see how much it'll hold when windsurfing season returns to Minn. If it holds two sea kayacks as John from Minn shows - W/S boards should be easy - it's the 5 sails, 4 masts and 3 booms that'll take some judicious packing.

4. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(erkq @ Sep 3 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]313644[/snapback]</div>
    The Prius has memory seats. They stay in the same place you last put them. :lol:

5. curtissac

curtissac New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr. Reaper @ Sep 3 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]313537[/snapback]</div>

From an article in Tuesday's (12/5) San Francisco Chronicle

...Kent Putnam, general manager at Putnam Toyota in Burlingame, says, "If there were plenty of carpool lane stickers, I'd be selling more" Prius hybrids.

Putnam says his Prius sales have dropped only slightly. "We sold virtually as many in November as in August. The real difference is we have them now. They're in stock."

As recently as six weeks ago, Putnam had no Priuses in inventory. Today, he has 28 on the lot.

One reason is because Toyota has increased its production of Priuses in Japan by moving production of Camry hybrids to Kentucky...

6. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Congrats on your good luck! My dealership here in Virginia was able to acquire my Prius from another dealer in Virginia. I think they have some kind of partnership b/t dealers that allows them to trade cars that are needed back and forth. Maybe they're all part of a conglomerate or something. Anyway, I went in, asked for a Black one, and the one they had at the other dealer was a #6, so that's what I have. I got it in two days.

Anyway, enjoy! I know you will!