1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Wanna see a 1000 HP Prius?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Chazz8, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Check out this extreme rebuild of a Gen II Prius so it can cointain and use a 1000 HP hellcat engine without self-destructing; These Guys Are Swapping a 1,000-HP Hellcat Engine Into a Prius Because Why Not - The Drive

"The team at American Racing Headers has decided to undertake this swap, dubbing it the "PriuSRT8". And while it may look like a gas-sipping hybrid on the outside, it's a fully built, NHRA-approved tube chassis underneath. It would have to be to hold up to the power they're aiming for, and with a 6.2L V-8 paired to a 4.5L Whipple blower, there's no way standard Prius underpinnings could hope to keep up."

Lot more details and pics in the link. Enjoy.

Tracksyde likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    they make it look so easy. (n)

3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I just want a modern, efficient drive train in a classic Mustang or Land Rover.

PtPri likes this.
  4. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here in California in the San Jose area there is a company that specializes in custom Porsche 914's. They put in either a V6 or small V8's with a custom drive train. Back in the 1980's, there was a company that did this closer to me in the city of Costa Mesa. I actually visited the place and saw a 914 with a buick V6 in it. Talk about smooth power! If you google your concept/idea, you may find someone in your area that may have built a custom drive train for your needs, or, built the completed car with the type of drive train you want.

5. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My dream car is either a 1965-69 California bug or a 1980-1999 XJ Series Jaguar with engine converted to Chevy 350.

6. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've no idea where or when now, but some bored mechanics in UK put a big Jaguar engine in a Ford Anglia like Harry Potter's and called it a Janglia!

Not sure this is the one I'm thinking about as it seems more recent:

pilotgrrl likes this.