1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Want Leather ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by hisport, Aug 23, 2012.

1. ockevin

ockevin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Dumlong...

That looks real nice and classy. Well Done...

2. gt3

gt3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yep, looks really good.

3. DumLong

DumLong Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's been a few weeks now and everything is still holding up well, gave it a meguiars leather care rubdown to get off to a good start. The seats are bit more comfortable now, the fit and finish of the kit is outstanding and this pricing I would consider the best deal.

4. Digitaldiver

Digitaldiver New Member

Model:
    N/A
    I ordered a two-tone leather kit for my 2010 Prius II from the guys on eBay who have an office in Houston but source from China. I'd bought front seats from them before for my Dodge Stealth Turbo, and they fit and look just fine. And it was around $600 for the whole kit. But they sure screwed up. I bought their color swatch kit to make sure of what I was getting, but they made 'em up wrong anyway (light grey, which was 2 shades lighter than what I ordered and an tan that was closer to orange. Looked horrible in the car). They wouldn't exchange it. They never shipped the promised covers headrest or center armrest covers, either. The rear seat fit badly, so the center armrest wouldn't fold back up. Bad, bad, bad.

So I ordered Katzins from a member of the forum. Paid a little more, but it's night/day different. The colors match the Prius interior perfectly. The perforated leather centers make a much more comfortable seat, and they look great. Everything works.

New challenge - wiring up the seat heaters. I've got 'em installed in the seats, but need to connect them up to the harness. Any suggestions on whether there's a switched circuit on the underseat harness that would work?

5. hisport

hisport New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No floor harness on '12 Prius II for seat heaters.

I removed center console, strung the seat heater harnesses, and took power from the two 10A (LH & RH) seat heater circuits at the fuse block (which is above driver's LH knee under dash). You can remove the 10A mini fuses and plug straight in with a male spade terminal. Alternately, use mini fuse taps from the auto parts store. Heater harnesses will have inline 10A fuses for circuit protection.

BTW, I installed seat heater rocker switches in the console 12v acc socket facia plate. This is where OE Prius heater switches are placed. I put mine just outboard of the switch blank, where they can be seen by driver and passenger.

Hope this helps.

6. Digitaldiver

Digitaldiver New Member

Model:
    N/A
    The seat heaters work great. I mounted the switches in the center console, below the accessory outlet.

Attached Files: