1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Want to change the seats...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by samoan_ridah, Apr 3, 2006.

1. samoan_ridah

samoan_ridah New Member

Hello everyone,

I am a new Prius owner and new to the board. I purchased my Silver '06 Prius on March 26th with everything but leather seats (dealer didn't have it). Other than having to pay $4500 over sticker, I really love everything about this car except for the seats (and the exterior design).

First of all, the bottom cushion makes me feel like I'm sitting way too high up. At only 5'10" I feel like my head is going to scrape the ceiling if I hit a bump in the road. Also, I have the chair pushed all the way back and my legs still feel cramped.

I'm a little spoiled from my other car because of the leather and the drive-dynamic bolsters, but there has got to be a solution for this. I was wondering if I have any options in changing the seats other than putting in racecar seats. I want a nice comfortable chair, preferrably with leather and maybe more adjustable positions.

Has anyone done this or looked into doing it?

Btw, thanks in advance for any help and I just want to say I am really greatful to have such a great site like this full of so much information!

-Brian.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Some have replaced the seats with Recaro seats. You'll lose the airbags that come out of the seats, however. You'll also need to install a resistor so the car is fooled into thinking the airbags are still there.

3. samoan_ridah

samoan_ridah New Member

Thank you for the link and the information. I had no idea that there were airbags in the actual seat. That changes things a lot for me. Maybe I'd be better off taking it to a custom upholstery shop to have them change the materials to leather and maybe change the seat pad to something softer and not so bulky.