1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wanted: EV Button Installer for Bay Area

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by felixkramer, May 11, 2004.

1. felixkramer

felixkramer New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You can have make a little sideline out of it. There's not much money to be made here but I guarantee you'll meet some interesting people!

I'm starting to accumulate Bay Area Prius owners who are interested in having someone enable their EV-mode.

When I tell them they can take the instructions to any car audio installer, like any prudent person going in for even minor surgery, they prefer working with someone with experience -- i.e., someone who has done it at least once before.

Some of them also want instruction on how to dis-enable it or (given that, as I understand it, with most or all methods at least some connections will need to be soldered) at least make it not obvious to any service person who isn't specifically looking for it.

At least one wants a replication of the official installation, so he wants a real button from Japan, meaning you could get in on one of the group buys. Others can live with another button in that space or want to use the cruise control stick.

(I'm planning on using the HomeLink wireless method for my own car.)

If you're interested, please let me know.

2. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Don't. It cycles the battery and beats it down faster

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model: