1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wanting to add remote start to my 2021 XLE

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by kc5dlo, Dec 29, 2021.

1. kc5dlo

kc5dlo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Had my 2021 XLE for almost a year now and would like to add remote start like I did on my 2014. The kit I used on the 2014 was from 12volt solutions. They only list a kit for the Prius Prime and that is what I am finding from other manufactures as well. What is different that keeps these kits from being available for non-Prime Prius's? I do see some kits available for older gen 4 Prius but nothing for a 2021.
    I would prefer a simple system that uses the OEM fob. I would appreciate any feedback from people that have added a remote start to their non- Prime gen 4 Prius especially a 2021.
    Thanks.

2. eow

eow Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Base
    Have you reached out to 12volt solutions to determine if they have a none prime kit?

iPhone ?

Pulse07 likes this.
  3. kc5dlo

kc5dlo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Yes I did and they were the only one that replied. At least they replied that they did not have one for the non Prime Prius. They did not know why they did not have one. Three other companies I reached out to never responded.

4. eow

eow Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Base
    Thanks for the insight.

I have been considering their remote start for my Prime, but need to confirm that it will start the ICE.

iPhone ?

5. kc5dlo

kc5dlo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I was searching again the other day and noticed that MPC now offers a remote start kit for the later model Prius. Cost was 169 via Amazon. I just got an email from them and they have a labor day sale with 20% off using code LABOR2022
    The instructions they provide via download are not very good which caused some confusion but I was able to get it installed and working properly with some help from their tech support. It does require tapping into 3 wires under the dash. I chose to use Posi-Taps to make those connections.

#5 kc5dlo, Aug 29, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    bisco likes this.