1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wanting to join the Newbies Club with a 2007 Prius Touring Pack 3

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Juan Corredor, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Juan Corredor

Juan Corredor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Everybody. First of all I just want to say that I am very surprised (pleasantly) of seeing such an organized, proud and helpful community...Awesome.

At this point I would like to share with you guys, my plans and see if the forum have any opinion or advice.

Until recently I was the owner of a 2001 Honda Civic EX and the car served us well until recently, so I decided to sell it. Since then I have been looking for an used car under 10K. Consumer Reports and other websites have the Prius at the top of the list in terms of reliability, and because of that and just the fact that I also like the concept and culture that the car and brand inspires, I made my mind to get one.

The car market where I live ( Central Florida ) is a little bit limited and so far what I have found is Prius 04/05/06/07 oscillating between 100K to 150K. I am also keeping a close eye on Ebay.

I have done some much research on this forum about "things that any newbie need to know" etc, to the point that my eyes are starting to hurt.

I locked my sight on a Blue 2007 Prius Touring with 111K that is currently selling for $7,900. Today I went to inspect it and everything looked good to me, I also run a Carfax and did not show any issues. One thing that I did noticed was that the front and rear bumper had a slightly different color, but I did not make any big deal of it, since the Carfax came clean and all the lines of the car matched. I myself have been caught in small bender fenders and I don't think I should worry much about it. Unless I am mistaken...

The Seller is a guy that buys cars from the Auctions and does not really knows about the history of the car. Carfax shows 4 Owners, 1st was private owner ( Drove it for 1 1/2 year) , 2nd and 3rd were Toyota Dealerships and 4rd was the Guy who is selling it to me.

I already scheduled an appointment at Toyota for an inspection, and I was told by a friend that because it is "Toyota" they most likely are going to give us a list pages long of matters related to the car that need attention, so I guess my Job will be to sort them out and see which ones are really deal breakers and which are manageable.

To all of you my sincere admiration for being a very tight and organized community. If anyone feels like dropping a line or providing advice, please go ahead, I thank you in advance, otherwise I will update you guys this Thursday after the inspection to let you know the results.

Peace.

2. TampaPrius.com

TampaPrius.com Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Fore

Fore Don't look back!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You quoted: "One thing that I did noticed was that the front and rear bumper had a slightly different color,"

This is perfectly normal the bumpers are plastic, the main part of the car is metal. It is impossible to match, next time look closer at all the newer car's there all the same way give or take a little.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! how many miles on your civic when you started having troubles? all the best in your search!(y)

5. Juan Corredor

Juan Corredor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Everybody sorry for the delay on the update, got family that just arrived from South America and got kinda busy. I am officially a new Prius Owner...yeahhh. I received the car last Friday. So far I am very happy with it.

These are few of the things that I am trying to adapt:

1. My driving position is a lot higher now. :) . Compare to my Civic. I like this.
    2. Acceleration is a little bit slow, but I read this is something that you have to get used to.
    3. I like the ride comfort.

I am planning now to tint windows and give it a good detail. I will post pics soon.

Thanks FORE for your comment. Feel better now.

BISCO, I had 147K on my Civic. I needed to put around 3k in repairs to keep it. I just decided is worth to spent a little bit more $ and get something more safe and reliable for family....curtains airbags....VSC....etc.

Ok guys I will do some detailing and I said I will post some pics :)

Happy driving.

Juan .