1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

[WARNING] EMI detected in 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Dec 25, 2016.

1. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The study was good enough to be published in a peer reviewed journal. That says to me that the design and statistics were adequate to suggest the results presented.

The results were that the G/S meter readings correlated with cancer occurrence, while the base 60 cycle power did not. Thus the name of the book, Dirty Electricity. It's not every power outlet that causes cancer, it's the ones with particularly high transient noise as measured by the G/S meter that's a problem.

The biggest limitation of the study is that it is rather small, and needs to be replicated. Considering the problems Dr. Milham encountered in even collecting the data, I doubt that many researchers would stick their necks out that far. He's got to be in his 80s by now, and unencumbered by any need to get funding for future studies. I find it refreshing to hear what researchers say once they've retired from employment that carries pressure to stay "on message".

2. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Scary thought... How do we know that PEMF doesn't increase cancer incidence? I suggest that we simply don't have the data. Dr. Milham's study showed 16 people with cancer (instead of the expected 1-2) out of 137. Exposure was several years. Bone healing is a few weeks process, so I suspect any cancer effect would be below detection level if it was even tracked.

I've experienced a demo of a high power PEMF machine, and would get one if it didn't cost $24K... In simple terms, old people suffer from low energy, and PEMF recharges the batteries. I doubt that there are enough high power PEMF machines in existence to detect any excess cancer.

3. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i believe it. the studies that showed biologic effects of EMF also showed that square waves and short pulses are the most effective. any engineer knows that such square waves are full of high frequency harmonics.

RobH likes this.
  4. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Electric and magnetic field that do not change through time are essentially independent.

If either changes through time, it 'creates' the other (perpendicularly in space as BobW pointed out). Changing fields are completely intertwined.

This may be quite unrelated to topics here. It is not the easiest thing to grasp. But I could not keep from saying it.

RCO, fuzzy1 and bwilson4web like this.
  5. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just discovered Dr. Milham's website: Sam Milham Dirty Electricity

The "Recent Papers" tab is the key to his research papers available on the net.

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Ok, you win!

You are going to die of cancer. Bye-bye.

Bob Wilson

Prodigyplace and RCO like this.
  7. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    not funny. i would expect such dogmatic and anti-scientific remark from Trump or his supporters but not from a capable engineer.

8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Calm my friend. Nobody gets out of this life alive. But a good friend reminded me:
    • PCB oil was once wide-spread in all transformers including the ones on the power poles. PCBs are a known carcinogen.
    • Ozone is frequently generated by power lines. As a former Tesla coil owner, it irritates the lungs.
    I think it makes sense to recognize our electrical infrastructure includes chemicals that have to be treated with respect.

Bob Wilson

RCO likes this.
  9. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The winner doesn't get cancer. I figure I'm closer to that goal by knowing about the hazards and the possible remediations. If you want to study biological effects of EMF, you've got to study something biological. Just assuming dogma from the equipment side doesn't deliver useful guidance.

10. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Rob, I think you've made your point. Some will accept it, others will not. I've had cancer and survived thanks to medical intervention. Lots of others were less fortunate, so my advice to you is to avoid worrying that the sky may fall in. Think about all the other wonderful things surrounding us either past, present, or yet to come. There's far too much gloom in the world without seeking out potentially more.

fuzzy1, bwilson4web and Raytheeagle like this.