1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warning indicators

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by BetsyNC, Mar 13, 2013.

1. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thx Jeff. I'll give him a call in the am.

OP......I hope u get the code that u are entitled too & post them. I agree with Jim that it sounds more like ur dealet is just trying to up sell u into a new Prii. Either way, good luck.

2. BetsyNC

BetsyNC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Sorry guys... didn't mean to keep you in suspense. After much discussion with the spouse, we decided not to deal with it and just get a new one. Yes, they may have been scamming us over the bad battery, but the fact remains there were things we wanted in the 2013 that we didn't get in our 2006. We are very happy with the decision. Only one issue I can think of: I wish the console/arm rest glove box had a tray. I'm going to search elsewhere on this great site and see if one exists that I can either (1) get from the dealership, or (2) buy online or at a parts store.

Thanks for all the responses. By the way, we got a Package 5 in Winter Gray with heated seats - yes!

usnavystgc likes this.
  3. nai1ed

nai1ed 2006 Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sadly, I bet someone here could have fixed that Prius for under $100 by replacing a bad battery cell, and using a scangauge tool to reset the ECU.

sdtundra likes this.
  4. labell

labell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We are very happy with the decision. Only one issue I can think of: I wish the console/arm rest glove box had a tray. I'm going to search elsewhere on this great site and see if one exists that I can either (1) get from the dealership, or (2) buy online or at a parts store.

Thanks for the follow up. I miss the tray in my new v too, which has one in the console but not the glove box. But since it became a source of rattles in my 2008 I am wondering if that is why it was left off the newer models?

Enjoy your new ride!!