1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warning lights but can't figure out the root cause

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by FirstFlight, Jul 31, 2012.

1. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    AFAIK, you can only get the diagnostic info. from the KWP bus (SIL).
    SIL.jpg
    Here is a link to the diagnostic info. that you can request to the Skid Control ECU.

I believe this is the early implementation of CAN and the Skid Control ECU communicates with other ECU thru' CAN and the diagnostic data only by KWP on the DLC3.

By the time Gen 3 was out, most of the KWP have been migrated to CAN.

Vincent

nh7o likes this.
  2. FirstFlight

FirstFlight Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is what I got:

ABS

3-2
    4-2
    9-5

VSC

4-2
    4-5
    6-2
    6-3

Some of these may have been created by me yesterday during troubleshooting. I unplugged and plugged in every connector on the brake control computer, ABS boost pump, skid control unit and I think every relay associated with the braking system. I cleared the codes and they haven't returned. I took it for a 20 minute test drive and the braking system seem to be operating normally - the codes have not returned.

What do you guys think?

3. toyotechwv

toyotechwv Toyota Technician

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I get so tired of this BS. Let me come to your job and tell you how much you suck.

PC36100 ? 2

PriusCamper and usnavystgc like this.
  4. wick1ert

wick1ert Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    FirstFlight - What part of NJ are you in? If you're close to northern DE, I'd be glad to meet you on this side of the bridge and hook it up to TechStream and run a scan on it for you this weekend if you'd like.

5. FirstFlight

FirstFlight Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was just at the Adventure Aquarium on Tuesday, which is where my car failed. I live in North Jersey so it would be a hike but I do appreciate the offer. It seems to be working well right now but if it fails again I may take you up on that offer. Thanks.

6. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ah so, thanks for the clarification.

7. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Apologies... I'm sure most all Toyota techs are extremely competent... But when it comes to things I've read on Prius chat, it's all too easy to notice the few bad apples.. Like the guy on here who was told by his dealer that his Prius C runs on super-special Synthetic oil and they had to charge him $125 per oil change... Or the dealers who insist on on adding 4 quarts of oil to an engine designed for 3 1/2 quarts which leads to lower MPGs and then they charge the customer $1200 for a throttle body that was ruined because of constantly putting too much oil in the engine... I could go on and on and none of it directed at the majority of the Toyota mechanics who are competent. And after all for better or worse Prius-Chat virtually does "come to your job and tell you how much you suck" even if you're better than that. It's the nature of a few bad apples.

8. Avi's Advanced Automotive

Avi's Advanced Automotive Independent hybrid repair shop

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you