1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warning lights- Dealership considering new wiring harness

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JPhishman, Oct 26, 2010.

1. JPhishman

JPhishman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    So I got into a little fender bender a couple weeks ago. The worst exterior damage was that it broke my license plate frame, hardly a scratch, but the main warning came on as well as the VSC, brake, and airbag warnings.

I took it to the dealership, after a couple days they told me they thought replacing the air bag sensor would fix it. I'm not sure what turned off and what is still on, but I believe the main red triangle! warning is still on. So they've had my car for almost two weeks now and I still don't know whats going on. After going to get something out of the car this morning and finding it sitting outside I called the service manager I've been working with (He was at lunch when I was there) and he says they are calling in a head technician but think they may have to replace the wiring harness.

Seems ridiculous for such a minor accident, doesn't it?

Any had a similar experience?

2. JPhishman

JPhishman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    A little more info that may be useful.....

The car seemed to operate normally after the accident despite all the warning lights, but the cruise control did not work.